Global Color Swatches
1. Global color swatches is an feature in Illustrator that can be very useful when you work on projects that has LOTS of objects and shapes. First make TONS of shapes and objects in your Illustrator document to test it out. Now choose all or some shapes to have the same colors.
2. To use global color swatch settings, you need to choose your color of choice first in the swatches tab. Make sure the shapes have the color applied to it. Now double click on one of the swatches.
3. Now there should be a dialog box like you see on the screenshot above. Click the GLOBAL check box and adjust the color or keep it the way it is.
4. Again, make sure that the shapes you want to change colors have that color swatch that you just checked “GLOBAL” to is applied.
5. Now double click the same swatch again and open the dialog box. Change the color this time and make sure PREVIEW check box is selected. Now to experiment that it is working, deselect the shapes in your Illustrator document, then double click the global color swatch you just created, and change the color. Even if you do not have the shapes selected, the colors should all change dynamically.