Transform Again (IMPROVED)
1. Transform Again is a cool little trick to do in Illustrator. Try it out first by making a circle.
2. This is a very tedious part, so please read carefully. Now choose the ROTATE tool in Illustrator. DO NOT change your tool until I tell you from here on.
3. Now this is the tedious part. You see the little light blue cross hair in the middle of the circle? While your rotate tool is selected, click and drag the blue rotation axis cross hair down to the bottom of the circle as you see on the screenshots.
4. Again, staying in the rotate tool, you are going to rotate the shape left or right just a little tiny bit, HOLDING THE ALT KEY (COMMAND KEY FOR MAC), just like how you see on the screenshots.
5. After you finish step 4, this is where you can move to another tool. Now go to OBJECT > TRANSFORM > TRANSFORM AGAIN.
Now keep hitting CTRL + D (COMMAND + D FOR MAC) and it should execute some interesting results.
6. Now lets try it with another shape. We will use the star shape tool this time.
7. Draw out the shape like you see on the screenshot above.
TIP: You can add more corners to your star like how I did on the screenshot by hitting the up and down arrow key. Drag the star shape in your Illustrator document while you still have your left mouse button held down, and hit the up and down arrow key on your keyboard. The up key will increase corners, down key will decrease corners. You can create a triangle this way in Illustrator.
8. This time we are not going to drag the rotation axis. Keep it in the middle. Select the ROTATE tool and hit ENTER. A dialog box should appear. Now set your rotation measurement (again keep it tiny), check the preview button to see where it rotates to, and hit COPY. Rinse and repeat by hitting CTRL + D (Transform Again).
9. My result.