The Top 10 Bed Frames for the Sexually Active Couple Reviewed
Nothing ruins the mood like a squeaky bed frame, and for couples looking to take advantage of personal time, trying to keep a loud bedframe quiet can put a damper on things. Whether you’re looking to get some privacy from your next-door neighbors, or are hoping to avoid giving your kids another “we’re just playing Twister” excuse, choosing the right bedframe can help you reduce unnecessary noise so you can focus on pure pleasure.
While almost everyone has had some experience with a squeaky bed frame, whether in personal experience or with an inconsiderate neighbor, for the sexually active couple, your bed should be an oasis of personal pleasure, not a warzone of squeaks and creaks. For some couples, having the right bed frame can be the difference between a night of revelry and a disappointing evening. That’s why it’s important to invest in a sturdy bedframe. But how can you choose the right bed frame for you?
Choosing the Right Bedframe for You
There are a few key things to keep in mind when investing in a bed frame that will enhance your bedroom activities. Firstly, you should consider what materials the bed is made from. While we all associate metal bedframes with unwanted noise, a poorly constructed wooden frame can be even worse, as those telltale creaks and groans can giveaway more than you feel like sharing with your neighbors or housemates. A well-made metal bed frame can be just as reliable as a padded bed frame, so long as it is properly constructed, and the ability to tighten screws and oil joints gives a metal bed frame a leg up over some wooden bed frames.
The next thing to keep in mind is the state of the headboard. While some couples don’t feel like a headboard is that important to their overall enjoyment of their bed, a headboard can offer added leverage for certain activities and can give your bedroom an overall put-together appearance. Another thing to keep in mind is that any headboard can cause noise if placed too close to the wall, so be sure to give your headboard a bit of breathing room between it and the wall. A padded headboard can give you additional comfort, and the bonus of innate soundproofing, making it ideal for the sexually active couple. Whatever your consideration, be sure that the headboard is securely attached to your bed to prevent added creaks and bumps during personal time.
Another thing to keep in mind is how many points of contact your bed frame has with the floor. While a traditional bed frame has four points of contact (one on each corner), this can lead to a sagging mattress and excessive noise. Meanwhile, choosing a bed with between six to even fourteen points of contact can help ground your bed, leading to less movement and more discrete bedroom activities. Keep in mind that an uneven bedframe with multiple points of contact can still lead to additional noise, so ensure that your floor is level before deciding to give up on the whole bed frame. On the topic of points of contact, keep in mind that some bedframes require box springs for added stability, which can lead to added noise. However, box springs can also help muffle noise, and elevate your bed itself, so if you are a fan of a raised bed you may want to invest in a frame that works with a box spring. Otherwise, be sure that your mattress can withstand being the only thing between you and your bed frame.
Best Bed Frames for Sexually Active Couples
Now that you have a better idea of what to look for in a bedframe, here are our top picks for the best bed frames for sexually active couples. We’ve considered several factors, including materials, points of contact, headboards, and more to help you make an educated decision that will benefit you (and your partner’s) sex life. Without further ado, here are the best bedframes for the sexually active couple.
Besides the fact that this bed looks (dare we say?) sexy, the curved design of the bedframe lends itself to sound mufflling, and the secure, low to the ground design helps keep creaking and squeaking to a minimum. Not only does this bedframe come with a headboard, but the adjustable design also allows you to customize the headboard height for your own unique needs. While the leather frame may be prone to more wear and tear than some of the metal or wooden options on the market, the easy-clean design and breathtaking finish make it well worth the investment.
Not only does the curved design fit in well with a modern bedroom, but it also offers superior back support and helps cradle your mattress, offering more support than some traditional bed frame designs. While this mattress size is limited to a 12” depth, the lack of a box spring makes up for the somewhat unique design, allowing you to create a comfortable bed that will work for both play and rest. Customers raved about the unique curved slat design that helps cradle your mattress during both sleep and more rowdy activities, allowing you to get the most out of your bedframe for years to come.
Not only does this incredible bed come in three colors to match almost any décor, but you can also get this beautiful bed frame in full, queen, and king sizes, allowing you to customize your purchase to your unique bedroom needs. If you’re looking for a bed that brings as much to the bedroom as you and your partner do, this is the perfect investment for you.
- 2 Boxes: There are 2 boxes in whole set . If you only received one please send us a message via Amazon and we will send you the tracking number of another box .
- DURABLE: the bed is made of wooden frame, the leather is pu leather, the texture is soft, easy to clean, and you can present a durable bed frame
- SPECIAL DESIGN : Magic buckle on the bedside, all the ribs are hidden in it, whether it is moving or finishing, the space can be maximized .And the movable headboard can be adjusted to two heights of 25.2 in& 26 in
- ELEGANT LINES: special curved lines that will add to your home in a glamorous way
- EASY ASSMBLY: easy assembly with the instructions, no waste of your time
If you’re looking for a bed frame that maximizes comfort while allowing for additional storage for your more personal items, this is an incredible option for you. The padded, tufted headboard offers you additional support for all your bedroom activities, while the convenient under bed storage acts both as the perfect space for any of your more personal items, but it can also help muffle any noise, leading to a more pleasant experience for you and your partner. Not only does this bed offer you incredible storage options, but the multi-point contact design of the base also allows you to use your bed to its full capacity without worrying about creaking and bowing.
While this option is only available in queen and king size options, the sleek design and durable build make this an incredible option for the sexually active couple by allowing you to mix classic design and pleasure into one epic bedframe. Looking to mix things up in the bedroom? This bed frame can withstand up to 800 pounds without wearing out or breaking down, making it perfect for the more experimental couple. Thanks to the rolled slats and center support bars, this bed is sure to last for years to come and become the centerpiece for some of your favorite bedtime adventures, guaranteed. As another bonus, customers raved about how easy this bedframe was to install, as all the tools you need are included with the frame itself, making it easier than ever to elevate your bedroom to the next level. If you’re looking for a bed frame that can take a pounding, the Everlane Home Windsor Upholstered Bed with Built-in Drawers is the right choice for you.
- Buttonless diamond tufted headboard, thick and stylish side rails, durable wooden support slats, and convenient built-in drawers all included
- Pre-assembled drawers and a Linen-like fabric finish create a beautiful and cohesive look that can change to match whatever season of life you’re in
- Functional and beautiful, headboard rests at a convenient 24 inch-height and bed pairs with all mattress types; two-year limited warranty
- All hardware is included to quickly and easily assemble your new favorite bed; 800-pound weight capacity
- Available in Ash and Slate color options; Full and Queen size beds are shipped in one box, King and Cal King size beds ship in two boxes
How can you say no to a bedframe that lists “tall, dark, and handsome” as its item description? This platform bed frame offers you security and comfort while still looking incredible. While the outside of this bedframe may look soft and welcoming, underneath that faux leather exterior is a solid steel bed frame that can stand up to all the use you could ever want. Sturdy slats help support your mattress through all your bedtime escapades while still providing exceptional comfort. Worried about noise? Rest easy knowing this bed frame comes with multiple points of contact that are flared in such a way as to provide stability, without compromising on noise. With high clearance, this bedframe allows for additional storage underneath your bed, allowing you to tuck whatever you want out of sight during the day.
The padded headboard adds another level of comfort for this beautiful bedframe that’s only outshined by how easy it is to put together. Customers raved about this bed frame, giving it a whopping 4.8 out of 5 for easy assembly. Not convinced? This is one of the few bed frames available on the mass market that comes in a California King, for those looking for a truly royal experience. Even if you don’t want to jump into a whopping 84” inches wide of comfort, this bedframe also comes in everything from twin to regular king, allowing you to find the right option for your bedroom needs. If you’re looking for a bed frame that adds as much pizazz to your bedroom as you do, the Zinus Gerard Platform is for you.
- TALL, DARK & HANDSOME - Make an impression without screaming for attention with this edgy, modern platform bed design. A striking deep espresso faux leather upholstery and padded headboard with vertical stitching pull together your room with sophistication
- DURABLE & FUNCTIONAL - Steel framework and foam padding add comfort and longevity; underbed clearance space of 9.8 inches is great for storage; twin size supports a maximum weight capacity of 250 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 500 lbs
- NO BOX SPRING NEEDED - Durable wood slats support and extend the life of your latex, memory foam or spring mattress without the need for a box spring; for the twin and full sizes, slats are spaced 2.8 inches apart, and for other sizes, slats are spaced 3.3 inches apart
- EASY ASSEMBLY – Everything you need is efficiently packed into one box and shipped straight to your door; all parts, tools and instructions are conveniently located in the zippered compartment of the headboard for easy, two-person assembly in under an hour
- Worry-free 5 year limited warranty included; mattress sold separately
Not satisfied with the other padded headboard options on this list? This bedframe has you covered. With a comfortable, plush headboard made for extended use, this bed frame will become the centerpiece of your bedroom, no matter what the activity. Made with a unique seven-point contact design, this frame is made to keep your private activities private, without compromising on comfort. Unlike some other slat bed frames, this bed frame offers up to 600 pounds of support, allowing you to rest easy knowing your mattress can take a pounding.
This bed frame comes in both gray and linen colorations, allowing you to customize your bed frame to better match your bedroom. The modern design works with almost any décor and will help elevate the overall aesthetic of your bedroom, helping you get in the right mood for sleeping or anything else you might be doing. With 8” tall legs, this bed allows for easy storage underneath without raising the mattress too high off the ground, allowing you better comfort, and less noise. Customers raved about how sturdy this bedframe is and rated it a 4.6 out of 5 on how easy it was to put together. It is worth noting that the headboard is up to 40” tall, meaning you should measure your room to ensure you have enough space for this bedframe before making your purchase. Still, if you’re looking for a modern bed frame to fulfill all your bedroom needs, this is a worthwhile investment.
- 66" W x 89" L x 40" H
- Trendy modern design, this upholstered platform headboard and bed frame is the perfect solution for updating the look of your bedroom
- Durable wood slat foundation with sturdy center support can be used with any size mattress; rectangular headboard is 3 1/4-feet tall; 8-inch legs
- Soft linen button-tufted upholstery
- No Box Spring Required; headboard, footboard, frame, and solid wood slats are included (mattress sold separately)
The first thing to keep in mind about this bed frame is that it is entirely metal. However, as mentioned earlier on, metal bedframes can be tightened as needed, meaning you can get a better overall lifetime value out of your metal bed frame than some wooden bedframes. That being said, this bed frame offers sturdy, durable support in a classic, minimalist design that’s sure to please. Nothing beats the classics, and this smooth, sleek bed frame helps make sure that you and your partner take center stage every night. This bed frame offers a low headboard made of the same sturdy materials as the rest of the frame, allowing for added durability over time. If you’re worried about additional noise, this frame comes with foam tape to help muffle any unwanted squeaks, and non-slip tape on the slats helps keep your mattress in place no matter what you get up to.
With over 2,000 reviews, it’s no surprise that this bed frame is one of the more popular options out there. Customers raved about its sturdiness, as well as the overall lightness of the frame, meaning you’ll spend less time struggling to maneuver your bedframe around if you’re looking to redecorate or are moving apartments. It was also noted that this bedframe was incredibly easy to put together, though it is worth noting that it only has four points of contact on the ground, meaning it is a little less stable on its legs than some other bedframes on this list. Still, if you’re looking for a basic bed frame that will get the job done and look damn good while doing it, this is the bed frame for you.
- Strong mattress support with 10 wood slats prevents sagging and increases mattress life
- Assembles easily in minutes
- Headboard and frame combine (Material: Steel) for stylish mattress support, 5 year worry free limited warranty
- Foam padded tape is added to the steel frame for noise-free use and non-slip tape on the wooden slats prevents your mattress from moving
- Please follow instructions for proper assembly. Numbers or Arrows must match on all four corners and holes aligned. Improper assembly will result in the slats being too wide and Part C being too short
Let’s get this out of the way: yes, this bed frame doesn’t have a headboard. However, it makes up for this with a sleek, minimalistic design that’s easy to move and designed to take a beating. Featuring nine points of contact and center bar support, as well as a beautiful wooden design that can go from a natural-inspired house to a modern flat effortlessly, it’s hard to pass up this simplistic bedframe. If you’re worried about durability, you’ll be happy to know this bed frame comes with a sturdy metal interior frame, to stand up to whatever you get up to in the bedroom. For reference, the twin size is made to support up to 250 pounds, while larger sizes can far exceed 500 pounds, meaning this bed frame is made to last and last.
The slatted design of this bed frame is ideal for memory foam mattresses and is made to work without the help of a box spring, perfect for anyone looking for a streamlined bed perfect for small apartments or minimalistic designs. While customers did note that the low-to-the-ground design did reduce the amount of under bed storage available, the sturdiness and ease of assembly more than made up for it. If you’re looking for a sturdy bed frame that takes simplicity and practicality to a whole new level, the Zinus Wen 12 Inch Wood Platform Bed Frame is perfect for you.
- CRAFTED WITH CARE - With its rustic design and beautiful cherry finish, this solid wood bed has the look of refined craftsmanship, although no one has to know that you weren’t the brilliant craftsman behind it
- NO BOX SPRING NEEDED - Reliable wood slats are designed to support and extend the life of your latex, memory foam or spring mattress without the need for a box spring; slats are spaced 3.07 to 3.5 inches apart
- DURABLE DESIGN - A thick and sturdy wood frame is constructed with solid steel interior framework for longevity; twin size supports a maximum weight capacity of 250 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 500 lbs
- EASY ASSEMBLY - All parts, tools and instructions are shipped straight to your door in one efficiently packed box for simple set-up that takes less than hour with a friend’s help
- Worry-free 5 year limited warranty included; mattress sold separately
While this is another example of a bed frame without a headboard, this platform bed frame is designed to work with your headboard of choice, allowing you another layer of customization for your bedroom. The solid metal frame offers countless points of contact and ensures that your bedframe can stand up to years of use. One of the key selling points of this design is the under-bed storage. With a whopping 12’ of clearance, you can tuck almost anything under this bedframe for a cleaner bedroom, as well as additional soundproofing.
Like any metal bedframe, this option can be easily tightened to avoid squeaks and creaks, and the foldable design makes moving a snap. No more lugging a heavy frame from house to house, this bed frame is light, movable, and made with your needs in mind. If you’re looking for a basic bed frame that can withstand some wear and tear while still providing exceptional comfort, this is a great option for you. However, do keep in mind that the weight limits for this bed vary depending on the overall frame size, with a maximum weight limit of 500 pounds. Still, for the average sexually active couple, this bed is an incredible investment that will more than pay for itself thanks to its comfort and durability, not to mention its customization features.
- All-steel design with matte black finish and clean lines creates a contemporary feel that pairs well with all headboards and mattress types
- Elevated design provides 12 inches of storage space under the bed, so you don’t have to sacrifice convenience for style
- All hardware is included to quickly and easily assemble this bed with just a partner and a screwdriver
- No box spring needed, Twin and Twin XL sizes provide reliable support for up to 250 pounds; all other sizes have a 500-pound weight capacity
While this bedframe falls into the foldable metal category, with an incredible 12 points of contact and a design made to withstand wear and tear, this frame is a true powerhouse. While it may not win any fashion awards, if you’re looking for a bed frame that doesn’t know when to quit, this is the option for you. Not only is this design foldable for easy transport and storage, but the streamlined design also allows your mattress choice to take center stage. Made for use without a box spring, this metal frame features support wires spaced 4’ apart for maximum support, without any of the uncomfortable pokings that comes with some box springs.
Not only does this bedframe come with everything you need to set it up in a jiffy, but the 13” inches of under-bed clearance also allows for you to store almost anything out of sight and out of mind, making it ideal for the space-conscious homeowner. Before you worry about the metal frame, this bed frame can be easily adjusted to reduce additional noise, just be sure that all 12 of the legs rest flat on the ground, otherwise, you may be in for a bit of unwanted tapping.
- A ONE-AND-DONE SOLUTION - Why buy both a bed frame and box spring for your mattress? Our sturdy steel SmartBase lets you enjoy the benefits of both; and fear not - this hardworking frame only requires opposable thumbs to set-up
- NO BOX SPRING NEEDED - Platform is made with heavy steel that replaces your box spring, allowing you to rest your memory foam or spring mattress directly on top; steel wires are spaced 4 inches apart; legs have plastic caps to protect your floors
- UNDERBED STORAGE - Total of 13 inches of clearance space under the frame provides valuable storage room for extra odds and ends
- QUICK, TOOL-FREE ASSEMBLY - Shipped in one compact box and requires no tools for assembly; rest your mattress directly on top of the platform; twin, narrow twin and twin XL sizes support a maximum weight capacity of 250 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 500 pounds
- Worry-free 5 year limited warranty included; mattress sold separately
This is a no-frills bedframe. With nine points of contact and a sturdy metal design made to take a beating, this bedframe might not win any fashion awards, but what it lacks in finery it makes up for in practicality. Not only does this bedframe win awards for ease of assembly, but the durable design and sturdy frame also make this ideal for the couple that likes it rough. This is one of the highest-reviewed options on our list, and for good reason. If you’re looking for a basic, durable bed frame that doesn’t require a bedspring and makes sure you’re getting the best of the best, it’s a great option for you. The only reason it makes number nine on our list is it is not as collapsible as some of the other metal frames on our list and the 14” under bed storage may be a bit too high up for the average couple. Still, if you’re looking for a sturdy bed frame that will keep creaking to a minimum and stand up to some good ole fashioned wear-and-tear, this is a great option for you.
- Unique Sturdy design - The frame encloses the mattress to prevent slipping with ample under-bed space
- Easy and seamless assembly – all the required hardware and tools are included/ headboard compatible
- Assembled dimensions : 81.5 x 77.5 x 14 inches
- Available opening for mattress and box spring : 79.5 x 75.5 inches
- Fast Furniture delivery/ 5 year limited manufacturer warranty
The final option on this list, this bedframe gains bonus points for the classic design and headboard. While you might be tempted to write up this frame as something you’d find in an old Air B&B, think again. This bed frame features seven points of contact, and a built-in headboard and footer design that ensures stability. Not only is this product incredibly easy to set up, but it also ranks highly for sturdiness and overall comfort.
It is worth noting that this wonderful bed frame doesn’t come in king size, and is pretty bare-bones as far as features go, but customers noted it was easy to set up and the white frame matched almost every décor, making it ideal for the fashion-forward customer looking for a deal.
- All-in-One mattress support frame foundation with built-in headboard and footboard
- Easy & quick Set up!
- Sturdy 100% Steel Construction
- No box Spring required
- Includes 5-year manufacturer warranty
Other Soundproofing Solutions
Looking for other ways to keep noise out of your apartment? If you’re hoping for a bit more privacy throughout your home, here are some helpful tips on how to ensure your apartment, home, or even your bedroom is kept quiet, for both you and your neighbors’ sakes!
Last Updated on