Top Low-Cost Memory Foam Mattresses Reviewed
A mattress is a very personal decision, but one thing everyone wants from a mattress is body-cradling comfort and less pressure on your joints and bones.
Enter memory foam mattresses ready to do just what you need, give you a quality night of sleep, and heal your body overnight. If you have woken up on an innerspring mattress and thinking there has to be a better way, we have the best options right here.
Don’t worry, we found affordable options ready to make your wallet breathe a sigh of relief. Low-cost memory foam is like generic prescriptions; you are paying for the medicine, not the name. Pay the money for a good night’s sleep and an ache-free body instead of for a name.
We did all the research to find the best mattresses in your price range and for your body. From gel-infused to different thicknesses and sizes, you can find exactly what you are looking for from these best ten options for memory foam. Take your bedroom to the next level with a true oasis ready to improve your slumber.
We go over every mattress in our roundup below in detail, but for those in a hurry here are our favorites:
Best Cheap Memory Foam Mattress
We were pleased to find a number of quality entries in the inexpensive memory foam mattress category. But as we looked closer, we realized that not all are created equal. After comparing features, feedback, and price we present our picks for the best low-cost memory foam mattress:
Bring on comfort with the Vibe Gel Memory Foam Mattress. It arrives in a giant box and rolled in plastic. Once you set it up, it will take a couple of days for the 12 inches of foam to expand. Before you can unroll the thick mattress, you need to make a few decisions starting with mattress size.
You will be happy to know the mattress comes in twin up to a king, including twin xl and California King. Next, you need to decide if you want a hybrid mattress (this means it comes with both inner springs and memory foam) or a straight-up memory foam mattress, which is what we will focus on in the queen size. You can also grab a platform or adjustable base too.
The Vibe made it to the top of our list because of the insanely affordable design with 12 inches of foam split up into the right amounts of foam for optimal function. It starts with two-inches of gel-infused memory foam right on top for cool comfort. Underneath find three-inches of dedicated gel foam ready to draw heat away from your body. The other seven-inches offer conforming high-density base foam for support and responsive relief for pressure points.
Encompassing the entire foam mattress is a luxurious stretch knit quilted fiber cover to help provide a medium plushness for those who do not like an overly soft bed but instead one ready to provide support and comfort. It also comes with CertiPUr US for compliance to standards. Finally, the mattress measures 60 x 80 x 12 and weighs 82 pounds of foam ready to cradle you into sweet dreams.
- 2 inches of gel-infused memory foam combined 3 inches of gel-infused foam draws heat away from your body for a more comfortable night's sleep
- 60" W x 80" L x 12" H
- 7 inches of conforming high-density base foam provides surrounding support and responsive relief that helps evenly distribute pressure points in any sleeping position
- Luxurious stretch knit quilted fiber cover
- Medium-plush feel and adjustable base friendly
The Inofia Memory Foam Mattress offers everything you want but takes the number two spot because it’s a little pricer than the last option. Also, it’s only an eight-inch mattress though, for some people with a higher bed frame, this might be the better option, but you can purchase a 12-inch mattress for more if you so desire.
With Inofia, you get a superior design ready to rock you to sleep. Try it out for 100 nights just to be sure it’s what you want; if it’s not, return it! Pick the size you need for your frame from a twin, twin xl, full, or queen. The mattress does not currently come in a king or California king, but it does come with CertiPUR-US certification. It’s healthy and eco-friendly while providing exactly what you need to sleep well without the normal smell of foam.
With the 8-inch memory foam, you get three layers of foam, including an open-cell top layer for breathability, a middle comfort foam that adapts to the unique shape of your body to reduce tension and body stress. The bottom layer absorbs shock so you can move around without disturbing your sleep partner. A breathable cover surrounds the foam while allowing airflow while also releasing moisture.
Finally, the mattress is a little lighter at 49.5 pounds for the queen in and measures 80 x 60 x 8 inches. Be careful only to spot clean and vacuum the carpet as anything else can cause damage. It will take about 72 hours for the mattress to expand to its standard size once out of the box.
- 🍂【Multi-Layer Foam System】- Inofia 8 inch twin Memory Foam Mattress is designed with 3 layers all-foam system, improving support and heat dissipation, the memory foam creates a plush and comfortable sleeping surface for a more restful night's sleep and high-density base foam relieves pressure points and conforms to your body.
- 🍃【CertiPUR-US certified】- Our innovative foams inside are comfortable, and CertiPUR-US certified, Healthy and Eco-Friendly, guarantee your family sleep with no concern.
- 😴【Pressure Relief & Full Support】- Get the best night's sleep every night on the mattress, no-sink support foams adapt and conform to your body for optimal pressure relief. It provides added support under your head, back, and legs. And it gives your shoulders and hips extra cushion.
- 📦【Mattress in A Box】- Mattress ships compressed and rolled in a box, conveniently delivered to your door for easy set-up. Please allow up to 72 hours for mattress to expand and potential odor dissipate.
- 📞【Risk-Free 100 Night Trial】- Different types of sleepers may has different sleeping preference. Each Inofia mattress comes with a 100 Hassle-Free Night Sleep Trial for customer to fit the right style with the mattress. Kindly contact us if you have any questions about the mattress.
The bed comes with lots of benefits, including three layers of foam and tons of support. Thanks to careful crafting, the top gel layer draws heat away from the body to let you stay cool all night long with convoluted foam to ventilate and also to disperse body pressure.
The outer cover is made of polyester for a breathable sleep cover, but the real magic is in the foam. The top layer comes with 1.5-inches of Dura 1-Gel foam followed by 2.5 inches of Dura HD Convoluted foam with a final support layer of 5-inches of Dura HD foam for support. With the middle layer of foam, you get an even weight distribution thanks to the waffled design ready to help proportion your body evenly.
Last of all, the mattress measures the standard 80 x 60-inches but with nine inches of foam to offer a middle ground size-wise. It’s also 51.1 pounds, making it heavy but not so heavy you cannot move it around as needed when you decide to rearrange your bedroom furniture. At the low price, you can also use this mattress in a guest room so even visitors can enjoy a great night’s rest.
- 3 Layered Foam: Dura I-Gel foam (1. 5 inch) + Dura HD Convoluted foam (2. 5 inch) + Dura HD foam (5 inch)
- I-Gel foam draws foam heat away from the body, keeping you cool during sleep.
- Convoluted foam provides better ventilation and disperses body pressure.
- HD foam properly support your back.
- Smart Pacakge - Our advanced compressed package technology delivers the mattress in a box directly to your front door.
Hofish has tons of options from twin to king but, more importantly, in foam styles because no two bodies are the same. Pick from a six-inch mattress if you want a lower price or size, a ten-inch size, or the Hofish Balance-X for comfort to an extreme.
As you know, memory foam conforms to your body, which relieves pressure on your spine, neck, head, and the rest of your body thanks to high-density base foam for lumbar support. This translates to less tossing and turning and motion isolation so you won’t wake up your partner when sleeping. It offers firm support while still providing comfort and cushion.
Next, the foam meets all CertiPUR-US standards for safety and emissions. The foam comes in three flat layers inside 10-inches. Layer one on top offers 1.5 inches of responsive memory foam, while layer two uses 2-inches of gel and charcoal-infused foam for comfort and reduces odor while also cleaning the air just a little. The final layer uses 6.5-inches of green tea extract infused foam for odor control and support.
If you need an extremely soft mattress, you may want to look elsewhere or better yet buy this one with a mattress topper as it focuses on support for your back. It’s great for customers who want plush without sinking in which can feel claustrophobic to large number of customers. Finally, the mattress measures the standard queen size of 80 x 60 x 10-inches and weighs a healthy 60 pounds to hold as much as you load onto the bed.
- 【Balanced lumbar support & comfort】●innovative responsive Top layer offers the right support for lumbar area, easing Back pain caused by lacking of support. ●Gel & Charcoal infused open-cell memory foam second layer reduces strains from pressure points, offering the proper comfort for a restful sleep. ●High density Green tea infused support layer offers exceptional sleep experience for years to come. Sag-free & proper support ensures sleepers waking up without aches and pains.
- 【Restful & healthy sleep】●tossing & turning free sleep experience with second layer Memory Foam. ●Great motion isolation ability, ensuring no partner disturbing during the whole night.
- 【Certipur-us Certified foam】●all the foam in our mattress is CertiPUR-US certified. The foam meets CertiPUR-US standards for Content, emissions and durability, and are analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories. ●The Balance-X Mattress is efficiently compressed, rolled and shipped in a box. Good sleep Delivered in a small well packed box
- 【Who may like it 】●We consider this mattress in the middle regarding the firmness. Those who are back sleeper, need enough lumbar support and like medium feel may like it. ●Those who prefer plush feel mattress or are side sleepers with heavy weight may Consider adding a topper on this mattress. ●Please be advised that no single mattress fits for everyone. Please contact US to help you avoid any troubles or unhappy experience.
- 【Bed frame Bed: a perfect combination for better sleep. Work great with flat platform, slatted base (slat gap less than 3 inches apart)and box springs
How does a breathable mattress with pressure relief, CertifPUR-Us, and a 10-year warranty sound for your next bed? That’s what you get with the Best Price Mattress, and they really do have great prices!
They offer so many size options that you can find exactly what you need from twin to king, including twin XL and California king. You also get to pick from 6, 8, 10, or 12-inch thickness for your mattress. We will focus on the 12-inch queen, which is considerably higher priced than the Vibe at the top of our list for smaller budgets.
The fabric encasing the 12-inch thick mattress is made of rich poly-jacquard fabric for comfort and easy elegance. Inside the cover, you will find 3-inches of memory foam on top for cushioned comfort. Next, find a thinner 2-inch layer of pressure-relieving foam, followed by the third layer of 5-inch high-density base foam for support. The middle layer also offers ventilation to keep you from overheating.
With these mattresses, you get CertiPUR-US compliance guaranteeing the safety of your mattress. It also offers body-conforming memory foam to provide the best night’s sleep possible and maximize your comfort. Lastly, the mattress measures 80 x 60 x 12 inches, but it weighs only 14.3 pounds, which makes us question the base layer of the foam as most memory foam mattresses are quite a bit heavier.
- Amazing comfort from body-conforming
- No pressure points / Deeper sleep
- Rich Poly-Jacquard fabric cover
- Compacted for shipping, takes up to 72 hours to fully expand
- 10-year warranty
The PrimaSleep Wave Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress has four layers of foam, making this a high ranking mattress. It comes in twin to California king and with 10 inches of total foam. Moreover, the price is unbeatable, giving you tons of value for your money. You also get a choice of fabric covers in either white and blue or white and gray.
The polyester jacquard cover houses a dura I-gel foam layer followed by a dura high-density foam layer, then a dura high foam convoluted foam layer, and an extra dura high-density foam layer. All of these layers work together to provide you the most comfort and pressure relief to give you a mattress that conforms to your body and cradles you to a perfect night of rest.
Thanks to the gel infusion, you get a sleep-filled night with ventilation and temperature control. The mattress weighs 51.8 pounds and measures 60 x 80 x 10-inches. It doesn’t have the thickest layer cover, though, and we highly recommend getting a mattress cover for this mattress. Finally, the mattress offers firm support while still offering enough cushion to let you sink in for a long night of peaceful rest.
- Perfect Top layer support your bodyweight, maintains your body Shape to Rest in the best condition
- Soft memory foam supports body with soft power
- I Gel disperses temperature accumulation to maintain a constant mattress temperature
- Had foam prevents deflection of memory foam
- 3 layer construction for support and pressure relief, a perfect solution for sleepless nights
The Live & Sleep Mattress has top reviews for a reason because it’s comfortable and affordable. An inner high density core relieves pressure points while also preventing tossing and turning. Anyone can benefit from this memory foam mattress. It’s encased in a soft fabric cover that you can remove and wash, which is a new feature and very European. The best part is with a memory foam mattress; you never need to flip the mattress.
Next, the mattress uses breathable, plush, and tempered materials to help keep you cool while you sleep. The company only uses top quality foam to give you the perfect night of sleep. On the top layer, you get 2.5-inches of prime air-flow infused pure Visco for extra thickness. With the 7.5-inch base layer, you get medium to medium-firm mattress comes with a supreme topper for orthopedic support for side, back, or stomach sleepers.
The best part, though, this mattress comes with a 20-year warranty and a full 30-day trial. It’s CertiPUR-US certified for environmentally conscious and chemicals. The only reason it rates lower on our list is because it only has two levels of foam instead of the almost standard three layers. Finally, the total measurements include 80 x 60 x 10-inches and weighs 64 pounds for a sturdy place to sleep.
- PERFECT CONTOUR. Twin XL Size Mattress cradles you in a deluxe cushion of 2.5” Premium Air-Flow Infused visco memory foam over a layer of High Density Support Base. Extra-thick profile brings luxury hotel touch
- COOLER INNOVATION. Breathable, plush & better quality, not cheap inexpensive foam. Optimum comfort to relax & cool your body. Deep rest for a long day ahead. No coils or latex used. Use a bedding pad or protector on a mattress, cot, tri-fold
- BEST SOLUTION. Top Rated XL Twin Mattress with over 90% 5-star reviews on Amazon. Classic medium-firm HD core pressure relief + less tossing & turning. Good for back, stomach and side sleepers. Signature feel recharges you from a dream night of ultimate cloud slumber
- SOFT FABRIC COVER. Flex linen works on any home bedroom frame or futon. Very good fit for adjustable beds & college dorm rooms
- CERTIPUR-US CERTIFIED & BONUS free memory foam pillow. Non toxic, Eco-Friendly & Hypoallergenic + Great on a box-spring, metal platform, guest room or hard floor only. New affordable purchase has full refund guarantee from 30 day trial + 20-year warranty
The Lyee Nature Cooling Gel Mattress offers an affordable queen-sized memory foam mattress. You can also get the mattress in twin, full, or king-size and an 8 to 12 inches, although we are going to focus on the queen 10-inch size. Like the others, this one is CertiPUR-US certified, so you know you were getting a quality sleep mattress. It also comes with three layers of foam but doesn’t rate quite as highly.
As each person is different with different needs, this might be the right mattress for your needs and budget. It tends to be very plush and not as firm, which is the right choice for many people. Extra-heavy people should avoid this mattress, though, as it can sag in the middle without a proper structure underneath.
What you do get it a two-inch gel memory foam layer on top and a breathable cover to regulate your temperature. A comfort layer in the middle keeps your shape and provides added plushness. The final layer includes a rather shallow 4 inches of high-density base foam for sturdiness. Also, you can remove the cover for washing.
Lastly, the mattress comes with a ten-year warranty and fabulous customer service. You can use it on a box spring, slatted, adjustable bases, or on the floor, depending on your needs. The mattress measures 60 x 80 x 10 inches with a solid weight of 55 pounds. As always, it comes rolled in a box and will need a few days to regain its correct size.
- 【MATERIAL & CONSTRUCTION】: Iyee Nature 10 inch Cooling-Gel Memory Foam Mattress is designed with three layers all-foam system. To improve support and heat dissipation，mattress include 2” memory foam, 4” comfortable layer, and 4” high density base support foam for ultimate comfort. It includes a soft hypoallergenic cover that is washable for your convenience.
- 【COMFORTABLE & BREATHABLE】: All-foam bed design combined expertise and the best materials with advanced sleep technology. Memory foam conducive to continuous airflow & breathable; skin-friendly fabrics adapt to the environment to keep the mattress surface at the ideal sleeping temperature; Buoyant, no-sink support foams adapt and conform to your body for optimal pressure relief; Specialized foams reduce motion transfer of a partner so your sleep is undisturbed.
- 【HEALTH & HYPOALLERGENIC MATTRESS】: The foam materials has been certified by CertiPUR-US and Oeko-Tex Standard 100 without harmful substances like formaldehyde, mercury, and other heavy metals.
- 【WARRANTY】: We are a manufacturer specializing in designing and producing mattresses. We also have professional production R&D and QC teams to guarantee the best price mattress you can get. Our mattress comes with 10 years warranty. If for any reason you are unsatisfied, please contact us at anytime. NOTE: Please allow up to 72 hours after opening the mattress for any potential odor to dissipate and adjust to its final feel once the foam settles.
- 【NO RISK & CHEAP】- as the brand owner and maker, the best price Mattress you can get. Our bed mattresses Comes with 10 years. If there are any reason you are unsatisfied, contact US at any time for support. Over 98% of our customers keep their Queen size mattress and refer it to others.
The Modway Aveline Mattress offers a very low price, and you can choose from three different thicknesses, including 6 inches, 8 inches, and 10 inches for the right level of comfort for your body. Choose from a twin size up to king-size to suit your bed, but we will focus on the queen size. Find out why this mattress rates so highly and provides sound sleep.
The mattress comes with CertiPUR-US certification for quality assurance and includes a ten-year warranty so you can sleep knowing you made a good purchase. With the Aveline, you also get a gel-infused memory foam top layer with open cells for ventilation. This allows you to sleep comfortably while reducing sweat during hot months. The mattress can also reduce pressure on your spine, neck, and your head, thanks to the open cell memory foam.
The only issue we have with this mattress is it comes with just the two layers, including the memory foam on top and high-density foam on the bottom but does not have the stabilizing layer in between to keep your partner from waking up in the night if you move around. It does come with diamond stretch knit and casing the entire two layers for added comfort and longevity.
Like the others, this mattress comes rolled up in a box, and it will take up to 72 hours for it to fully grow back to its original size. The mattress weighs 47 pounds and measures 80 x 60 x 8-inches making this one of the thinner mattresses on the list but nonetheless very comfortable and highly adored by customers.
- BEST REVIEWED MATTRESS Purchase the top rated twin mattress at the lowest price. Aveline delivers high quality memory foam comfort and support at a price you can afford
- SLEEP SOUNDLY Reduce pressure on your head, neck and spine with an open cell memory foam twin mattress. Aveline helps align your spine and reduce pressure on your hips, lower back and shoulders
- INDEPENDENTLY TESTED The foam inside is CertiPUR US certified so you can be sure it’s made without formaldehyde, heavy metals, PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (”Tris”) flame retardants, and is low on VOC
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION Over 98% of Aveline customers are satisfied with their purchase and buy more as the need arises. Back that up with our 10 year warranty, and you can rest easy knowing you are purchasing a quality mattress at an exceptional price
- COOLING MATTRESS Aveline comes with gel infused memory foam top layer that is open cell and ventilated. Sleep comfortably while reducing sweat and perspiration during hot or humid weather
If you want memory foam and innerspring, try the Linenspa 8-Inch Hybrid Mattress. Not only do you get the comfort of memory foam, but you also get added support from the Innerspring. You can purchase the 8-inch mattress in twin up to California king and also in a 10-inch thickness. However, the 8-inch mattress offers a better value and has one of the lowest prices for a queen mattress on the list.
The top of the mattress is the memory foam for comfort and to help aline your spine and reduce stress on your pressure points. It’s covered in a cozy knit cover and makes the perfect transition mattress. If you aren’t sure if a memory foam mattress is right for you, then try this for the best of both worlds, and in 10 years, when the warranty expires, you can change to a full memory foam bed if this one no longer suits your needs.
Underneath the memory foam is comfort foam to ensure your body stays away from the bottom layer of innerspring. The entire design works as one unit to avoid the need for a box spring mattress. A bigger surprise is the mattress comes in a box just like a full memory foam showing you just how comfortable the medium-firm mattress it and how flexible! Finally, the mattress comes in the standard 80 x 60 measurements and weighs a midrange of 55 pounds.
Guidelines for Buying Low-Cost Memory Foam Mattresses
Buying a mattress is an important and expensive decision. Take a look at the important aspects to consider before purchasing a mattress to make the best decision possible. Underneath, we answered common questions as well.
Different Types of Memory Foam
Memory foam comes in different styles, as you saw above, including traditional, gel-infused, eco-friendly, and open cells. The traditional is what you think of when you think of memory foam. It’s a viscoelastic foam that remembers your body but comes with a strong smell because of the makeup of the foam.
Gel-infused memory foam contains ingredients to help you stay cool at night. The main complaint about memory foam is how hot it can get, which is why gel-infused was created to fix this problem. Creators manage this feat by injecting a mixture of gel, graphite, or copper into the foam to create a cooling and comfortable mattress.
Finally, the eco-friendly memory foam is a “greener” option that uses plant-based ingredients instead of traditional ingredients like soybean and corn oil to create the foam instead of derivatives of petroleum. Eco-friendly options are certified to have low-VOC (volatile organic compounds) foams. The Inofia 8 Inch Memory Foam Single Mattress, our number two option, is an eco-friendly option.
Open-cell memory foam is a base form with a different structure. It allows for air movement inside the mattress to transfer heat away from the body. Even if you don’t want a gel-infused, you still have the option to get air-flow, but it often costs more money.
Over the years, memory foam has changed to include multiple layers to provide structure. A high-density foam layer cuts down on costs but also provides a sturdy layer of support. Next, a layer of transitional foam provides a different kind of structure by keeping the bed stable for one someone moves around. The last layers provide the magical comfort of memory foam.
Here is a good YouTube video explaining the difference between memory foam and latex foam:
No box spring necessary when you get a memory mattress because it can stand on its own. You will want some wooden splats or some form of planks for a raised bed, but you won’t need anything for a mattress going straight on the floor. Not needing to purchase a box spring saves you money and reduces the height of the bed, trust us, short people appreciate the shorter beds of now.
Problems with Memory Foam
You’ve read about the benefits of memory foam mattresses from no need for a box spring, to superior comfort, but what about the problems with memory foam? Honestly, the benefits definitely outweigh the bad. We’ve all had a regular mattress with a box spring and know about the downfalls, and memory foam mattresses are far superior in comfort.
The minor problems with a memory foam mattress include an odor, sagging, difficulty cleaning, and you cannot use electric heaters or blankets. That’s it. As the mattress is made of high-density plastic, it will put off some odor at first, but this will dissipate with time.
As for sagging, make sure you have a supportive bed frame, and the foam won’t sag. Again, because this is plastic, it’s flammable, and you shouldn’t have any type of electric heaters on your memory foam bad. Cleaning can be difficult because of the foam, which is why you should always keep a mattress cover on the bed; this also protects you from the fiberglass inside meant to provide flame protection. Never take the cover off of a mattress with fiberglass as its harmful when out in the open but does protect against fires.
Questions About Low-Cost Memory Foam Mattresses
What is memory foam?
Memory foam is viscoelastic made from a type of high-density polyurethane foam. There are a few different ways to make this type of foam, and it’s very solid and dense, which means nothing can pass through the surface, and yet it’s very elastic. The main selling point it always returns to its original shape, which is the elasticity.
NASA made the foam around 50 years ago for astronauts, and later people started buying it in from Tempurpedic to sleep on. Who knew plastic (polyurethane) could be so comfortable to sleep on? It’s also long-lasting, meaning you won’t have to replace your mattress aa often.
Will a low-cost memory foam mattress perform like a name brand?
Nope. Memory foam mattresses all vary in the layers of foam and the comfort levels, but all are comprised of layers of foam or hybrid. Just like with everything else, the lesser-known brands do not mean lesser quality but a lesser-known name. Understand, though, that not all brands perform the same, but each may meet different needs for different customers.
Is memory foam a good option for any type of sleeper?
Absolutely, everyone can benefit from a memory foam mattress from back sleepers, side sleepers, or even stomach sleepers. The mattress molds to your body while you are on it and then changes when you do. As it will form to your shape, it can work for anyone and, in the process, offer both support and comfort too.
Wrapping Up Cheap Memory Foam Mattresses
Now you know a lot more about memory foam mattresses and are ready to make a decision for your bed. If you still cannot decide, go with our favorite, the Vibe 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress, because it has all the features and the comforts you are looking for in a mattress. The highly-rated mattress gives you 12-inches of foam to cradle you into the best night of sleep in your life and all for an affordable price.
Last Updated on