The Top 7 Cooling Sheets Reviewed
People who overheat at night tend to sweat, which causes massive amounts of discomfort. Since it’s not comfortable to leave one foot dangling out of bed all night long, hot sleepers need cooling sheets for a good night of sleep. We found all the best options to make this an easier decision for you.
After hours of research, we compiled a list of the ten best options so you can get the nicest, softest, coolest sheets without all of the legwork. Whether you overheat in bed because of too much bedding, the wrong bedding, hormones, or any other reason, you can sleep more comfortably with sheets designed to improve airflow.
No more tossing or turning. Nor do you need to wake up in a perspiration drenched bed, instead find smart fabrics designed to help your body breathe and give you the sleep you need. Take a look at the best options and start sleeping more comfortably now.
Best Cooling Sheets
These are our picks for the best cooling sheets:
Not only is the price right for the Hotel Sheets Direct 100% Bamboo 4 Piece Bed Sheet Set, but they also come in several sizes and with incredibly soft material. Pick from your favorite color from over fifteen options and start sleeping on a cloud-like softness tonight. Find out why so many customers buy these sheets over and over again.
With 100 percent viscose derived bamboo that won’t pill and provide a gsm of 144 with high-quality bamboo fiber. The sheets can fit on mattresses as deep as 15 inches with surround elastic. Moreover, the sheets are completely green and fabulous for the environment. The set includes a fitted, flat, and two pillowcases.
Of course, these are cooling sheets because that’s what bamboo does; it provides superior softness and wicks away moisture without allergies, wrinkles, or any other issues you can get from cotton or microfiber. Bamboo is thermo-regulating and cool to the touch, much like silk but without the cost. Try this set for 90 nights, and if they don’t make you cool and comfortable, you can return the set for a full refund.
- LIKE SLEEPING ON A CLOUD - Super soft and light. Once you have tried our bamboo sheets, you won't want to sleep on anything else. It is a blessing and a curse! A lot of our reviews are from repeat customers that leave a review when they come back to buy another set
- 100 PERCENT BAMBOO - Made out of 100% Viscose Derived from Bamboo, Other sheets that claim to be bamboo have more microfiber and cotton than actual bamboo. We use certified 144gsm 60x40 173x120 bamboo fibers which is the highest grade out of 6 grades
- ANTI-PILING and ELASTIC ALL AROUND- Fits mattresses up to 15". We use the best quality bamboo fabric to provide the softest sheets without piling. Top marks for anti-piling by SGS in the bamboo sheets category.
- GO GREEN- Pure bamboo sheets are hypoallergenic, thermoregulating (cool when its hot and warm when it is cold), and eco-friendly.
- 90 DAY WARRANTY- If you aren't satisfied with our sheets for any reason, return them for a full refund within 90 days. We are a USA seller and respond to most questions within hours. Set contains fitted sheet, flat sheet, and 2 queen size pillowcases measuring 20x30"
For full or queen size beds, find the perfect sheets with BAMPURE 100% Organic Bamboo Cooling Sheets. Not only is bamboo a renewable resource but insanely soft because no one wants to sleep on scratchy sheets. Moreover, you want sheets that will keep you cool all night long, which bamboo provides with moisture-wicking technology.
Made with 100% organic bamboo viscose, these sheets are chemical-free, and OEKO-TEX approved for the highest possible quality. The sheets are also odor resistant and wrinkle-free. While cotton is amazing, Bamboo goes the extra mile by providing all the benefits of cotton without the wrinkles and a more satiny feel. Get silky soft sheets more luxurious than Egyptian cotton!
The sheets include four pieces with deep pockets, including a fully elasticized fitted sheet, one flat sheet, and two pillowcases. They come in several beautiful colors from whites, grays, blues, tans, and a few vibrant colors like purple. Three hundred thread count shows you are getting top quality. If only these sheets also come in twin and king, they would be perfect.
- 100% PURE ORGANIC BAMBOO - the BAMPURE organic bed sheets are crafted from 100% organic bamboo viscose grown in a chemical-free environment, making them the softest sheets. OEKO-TEX approved, this is the highest quality on the market.
- ODOR RESISTANT COOL BED SHEETS - our deluxe wrinkle-free cooling bed sheets are extremely breathable so naturally resist odors. Our bed sheets keep you cool in the summer months, yet cozy in winter, making them the best sheets for hot sleepers.
- LUXURIOUSLY SOFT AND SILKY SATEEN WEAVE - results in a comfortable and durable luxury bed sheets set, softer than Egyptian cotton sheets. Plus these super soft sheets are designed to soften with each wash ensuring increasingly cozy nights over time.
- 4 PIECE DEEP POCKET LUXURY SHEETS SET - included in this organic sheets queen size set is 1 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet and 2 pillowcases. The fitted bed sheet is fully elasticized with upgraded elastic at the bottom ensuring no rips and a snug fit on deep mattresses up to 16” thick.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - ensures your satisfaction. If the BAMPURE Bamboo Queen Sheets don’t meet your expectations, return them for a full refund. No questions asked.
Not everyone wants or can use bamboo. If this is you, then consider the Cooling & Luxury Comfy Sheets by California Design Den. The four-piece sheet set comes with a midrange price you would expect for high-quality cotton and a wide variety of choices. Choose from twin, twin xl, full, queen, king, and even California king size before delving into 15 different color options mostly in cool tons.
The sheets come in extra-long-staple cotton in a sateen weave with a luxurious 600 thread count. This means you get high-end hotel quality sheets meant to last for years of washing and use. Like with most sheet sets, this comes with a flat, fitted, and two pillowcase, although the twin only comes with a single pillowcase. The company even adds in a foot tag to indicate the direction of the sheet.
Rest assured in the high quality of the sheets with certified standard 100 by OEKO-TEX and eco-friendly fabric made in India. The sheets won’t pill, shrink, lose color, or unravel. If you still don’t like the sheets, you can return them in the first month for a full refund. They will fit mattresses as deep as 16 inches deep with extra-wide elastic for ease of use, all while providing the cooling comfort you crave with breathable comfort for every season.
- HIGHEST QUALITY BEST COTTON SHEETS IMPROVED VERSION: If you love the feel of luxurious hotel sheets & crisp pillowcases, you’ll adore our 600 thread count sheets. We use fine yarns made with 100% extra long staple cotton fiber & a gorgeous sateen weave. Our sheets get softer with each wash, lifetime softness, resist fading, they’re incredibly eco-friendly. Premium cotton yarns ensure sheets of the utmost comfort with detailed hem styling. Also available in Twin, Full, King & Cal King sheets.
- KING Size Luxury 4-Piece Bed Sheets Set - Each set includes 1 Flat Sheet, 112" W x 102" L; 1 Fitted Sheet, 78" W x 80" L + 16" with Deep pocket on fitted sheet with superb all around elastic to fit low profile foam and tall mattresses; and 2 King Pillowcases, 21" W x 40" L. Our Deep Pocket fitted sheet feature Smart Head/ Foot Tag to indicate the width side of the fitted sheet for ease of use. Highest quality dye materials are used for fade resistance. Recommended for regular wash
- CERTIFIED STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® - All our sheets are MADE IN GREEN (traceable consumer label) and STANDARD 100 by OEKO‐TEX®. According to the guidelines, these products are tested for harmful substances and produced in an environmentally friendly and socially responsible manner. Each fabric batch is also tested for various durability features such as no-pilling, low shrinkage, color fastness etc., then stitched, individually inspected to be defect free and finally packed for sales
- LEED v4 GOLD CERTIFIED - Our linens are made ethically, using environmentally friendly materials and processes. Each product is created in a certified, socially compliant, and awarded factory that supports more than 300 working families. Our fabrics are made in a Gold Rated LEED v4 Certified Facility, which is equipped with leading - edge machinery. It is only the second manufacturing facility in the world to achieve Gold LEED EBOM certification from the US Green Building Council (USGBC)
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Our products are backed by incredible customer service to make sure your satisfaction is guaranteed. If for any reason you don't love our bedsheets, you can return them within 30 days for a full refund as per Amazon guidelines. Our high-quality designs match any decor and make the ultimate gift idea for men and women, Moms and Dads, Valentine's - Mother's - Father's Day and Christmas. Best for any room in your house - bedroom, guest, kids room, vacation home
Bamboo and cotton are the only options for cooling sheets. Linen comes in high on the list of cooling fabrics because it’s breathable, which is why so many summer clothes are made of linen. Mind you, sheets like the Health Culture Pure 100-Percent Linen Sheet Set will wrinkle, but it’s a small price to pay for extreme comfort. Just make sure to fold them straight out of the dryer!
The 100 percent linen fabric comes with unique features, too; it prevents the growth of bacteria that can lead to unpleasant smells. Moreover, the fabric relieves itching, burning, and inflammation on the skin for a perfect stress-free night of sleep. Honestly, the only reason the sheets are lower on the list is because they are a bit pricy and only come in queen size in an organic stone color.
Another advantage of linen is you can wash the sheets on hot, or you can even iron them without damaging the sheets. If you want a warm natural aesthetic in your room for a cool night of sleep, thanks to organic linen. Get breathable sheets tonight with a little texture for a massage effect. Finally, linen also does not conduct electric current, so if your other sheets spark when you slide in, get these sheets to avoid the uncomfortable sensation.
- 🍀 ORGANIC QUEEN SHEET SET - With our 100 % Pure linen queen sheet set, you don't want to get out of bed. Bedding set including 4pcs: 2 pillowcases (20 x 30 inches), fitted (adjustable) sheet (60 x 80 x 16 inches), flat sheet (92 x 104 inches).
- ☁️ SUPER COZY & BREATHABLE LINEN BEDDING SET - Our linen set can absorb moisture and breathe, while in appearance, it remains almost dry. Linen sheets and pillowcases do not stick to the body in hot weather and retain a feeling of coolness and comfort.
- 🌸 UNIQUE FEATURE of LINEN FABRIQUE - This queen-size bedding set made from 100 percent linen, which prevents the growth of bacteria and the formation of an unpleasant odor. The linen bedding set is perfect for relieving stress and fatigue during sleep. It relieves itching and burning and other inflammatory phenomena.
- 👌 DURABLE & PRACTICAL LINEN BED SETS - Our linen bedding sets can withstand washing in hot water and ironing, have a uniform color, and can withstand up to 140 washes. Linen bed sheets and pillowcases are easy to wash, and after each wash, they become softer and more pleasant to the touch.
- 👍 MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - Health Culture is a company known for providing the very best customer service. If you have any issue with the linen queen bed sets, please feel free to contact us, we will solve the problem to the best of our ability. Just send one email and receive a 100% money-back refund. We strive for better customer service, and your questions and feedback is our motivation for improvement.
If you don’t want cotton, bamboo, or linen, try Tencel fabric with the Olive + Crate Tencel Sheets Set. You get two size options, including queen and king size and the options of four neutral colors, including gray, white, taupe, and charcoal for a natural room style. The manmade fabric provides a unique, luxuriously smooth set of sheets with a velvety smoothness so you can sink into bed for a long night of rest.
This particular set of sheets gains fibers derived from eucalyptus, which might even help you to breathe better while snoozing. The fabric also maintains vibrant color with pigments embedded deep into the fabric to prevent fading even with frequent washing. People with sensitive skin will love the lyocell and modal fibers that provide a smooth to the touch and naturally soft material.
The sheets come with extra deep pockets to fit deep mattresses. Comfortable and breathable fabric like Tencel wicks away moisture while still maintaining softness and supreme comfort. What’s even better is the sheets get softer with every wash with a highly flexible, cross-section construction. They are only lower on the list because a few customers had issues with the hems unraveling, but it’s a very small percentage. If you suffer from allergies or skin issues, definitely consider these sheets.
- 🛏️ COOL & BREATHABLE - Our soft TENCEL Lyocell bed sheets are great for humid days as well as warm or cold climates. The fibers give a cooling effect for a pleasant and soothing sleep.
- 🛏️ LUXURIOUSLY SMOOTH - Caress your senses with our fitted bedsheet's sleek and velvet smoothness. Sink into the best sleep of your life with our soft and delicate fitted sheets.
- 🛏️ FEELS SO RIGHT - The TENCEL Lyocell and Modal fibers are so smooth to touch. The naturally soft material is great for people with sensitive skin, especially kids!
- 🛏️ RETAINS VIBRANT COLOR - Unlike most sheets, the color-pigments in our cooling bed sheets are deeply embedded into TENCEL Modal fibers to prevent fading despite repeated washing.
- 🛏️ SUSTAINABLE & PLANET-FRIENDLY - We think long-term. The fibers in our cool bed sheets are derived from natural, raw, and renewable Eucalyptus, sourced from forests in Austria.
As linen is still one of our favorite options, we found another set perfect for keeping you cool all night long. The DAPU Pure Stone Washed Linen Sheets Set comes in four sizes, including twin, full, queen, and king with nine warm neutral color options perfect for creating a cozy nest in your bed. Even better, the sheets are 100 % French natural linen for unbelievable quality.
Although the sheets are expensive, they meet all OEKO-TEX Standard 100 requirements and provide a stonewashed finish. The glossy finish is soft to the touch and highly durable making them a safe option for those with sensitive skin. Moreover, linen can absorb 20% of its weight in moisture before it feels wet or damp, meaning it will definitely keep you cool.
Next, the sheets actually get softer with every wash, all while maintaining their supreme softness. They come with 16 inches deep 360-degree elastic to get a wrinkle-free fit. Finally, if for some reason you do not fall madly in love with these sheets, you can return them in the first thirty days for a full refund.
- 100% French Natural Linen—Made exclusively from high quality French grown flax, naturally grown and harvested in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Stone washed for glossiness, fine durability as well as soft hand feeling. Manufactured with an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certification. Safe for those with sensitive skin and babies.
- Feel wonderful year-round —Linen can absorb 20% of its weight in moisture before beginning to feel damp or wet which means you'll be warm in the winter, while also cool in the warm weather.
- Get softer with every wash—Requires less washing than other fabrics. The softness can also intensify over time after multiple times of washing without losing their durability.
- Deep pocket—Our Fitted sheet is 16 inches deep with 360°elastic surrounding, it can fix your mattress well. If for some reason you are unsatisfied simply contact us within 30 days to return the product for a full refund.（Queen Size includes, a flat sheet in 90"x102", a fitted sheet in 60"x80" and 2 Pillowcases in 20"x30"）
Linen is absolutely awesome but often comes in neutral colors, and yet, many people want vibrant colors and linen. The Luxury Bed Sheets Easy-Fit Breathable & Cooling Comfy by Exotic Linen not only comes with a linen feel but with tons of colors and a lower price. Although they are made with cotton, they give the cooling feel of linen and come in twin, full, queen, king, and California king size.
Find your favorite color from over twenty color options, including neutrals and brighter hues. The only reason these otherwise amazing sheets are at the bottom of the list is because they only come with a fitted sheet and two pillowcases. If you use a duvet cover, then this is the perfect option for you!
The sheets include superior stitching and surround elastic for a stretchable and easy fit for up to 15 inch deep mattresses. Wash the sheets on cool and dry on low for easy care but avoid both bleach and fabric softener. Enjoy cooling comfort even if you use a duvet comfort without having to worry about storing a flat sheet you won’t use!
- Cal-King Size Luxury 3 PCs Fitted Sheets include: - 1 Fitted Sheets 72X84 Inch with 15 inch drop, 2 pillowcases 20"x40". 15" Deep pocket fitted Sheets with elastic all around which can fit a mattress up to15".
- This fitted sheets is made of 100% cotton and designed and stitched by our craftsman.
- PERFECT FIT: Fitted Sheets has all around elastic to stretch and easily fit mattresses up to 15 inches deep pocket. Please Note: Any size or shape can be made upon request!
- Certification: Our products (Fitted Sheets)are ISO 9001:2015 certified, the company that prides itself in providing the absolute best customer services in the industry.
- WASH CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Machine wash in cold water with similar colors. Tumble dry low. Do not bleach.
Buying Guide for Best Cooling Sheets
Before picking your best set of sheets, here are a few items to take into consideration. Style isn’t the only factor, nor is material. Take a look.
Sheets come in several materials, but the most common are cotton, microfiber or polyester, bamboo, or linen. Cotton wrinkles but offers the best airflow and breathability. However, it does adapt to your body’s temperature. Furthermore, polyester sheets (also called microfiber) don’t breathe, which can lead to sweating, but it doesn’t wrinkle.
Bamboo is silky soft, and breathable. It naturally wicks away moisture, which helps to dissipate sweat while sleeping. Linen is the most breathable material and one of the absolute best options for cooling sheets, but it wrinkles and costs more. Finally, cotton actually has another option if you choose cotton percale. It’s woven to create lightweight, airy, and cool sheets perfect for hot sleepers.
Weave is another word that comes up often with sheets. We discussed percale above and how it’s extra cool and perfect for sleepers. Sateen, while extra soft and cool at first, can lose it’s breathability the more you wash the set. Damask tends to have a tighter weave, which means less breathability. Jersey knit is as comfortable as a sweatshirt but will make you sweat.
Finally, Tencel is another option for sheets, and it similar to rayon, which is used to make a lot of clothing nowadays. This fabric requires a lot of human manipulation to make, including energy and chemicals. Tencel, however, uses fewer chemicals and toxins to turn recycled ingredients into sheets. It’s a super soft fabric that drapes beautifully without wrinkling and holds color very well. Also, it’s very breathable, but it’s not an eco-friendly option.
Most cooling sheets come in solid colors. If you want patterned sheets, you may want to consider choosing cotton sheets as microfiber and polyester sheets do not breathe well and cause sweating. Your best bet is to choose sheets with a versatile color designed to be cooling and then get patterned bedding.
As for bedding, cooling sheets aren’t going to do you much good if you have a ton of thick bedding options on your bed. Try to look for breathable cotton blankets instead of thick blankets for your bed. Also, instead of a heavy-duty comforter, consider a thin bedspread or coverlet to keep your bed even cooler.
Washing sheets is pretty simple and don’t require a lot of extra care. The best bet is to wash the sheets separately on low heat and dry the same way. Make sure to do an extra rinse cycle to reduce as much soap residue, which can clog sheets and make them less breathable. Also, fold your sheets as soon as they are done to prevent wrinkles.
Questions About Best Cooling Sheets
What else can I do to keep myself cool at night?
The best options for staying cool at night include less bedding, thinner bedding, and a fan. At all costs, avoid microfiber as it keeps you warmer at night. An oscillating fan will help to move air around. Moreover, consider getting a cooling mattress, too, as your mattress can have a lot to do with your level of comfort in many areas, including temperature. If you can’t afford a new mattress, you can try out a cooling mattress topper instead.
For a few more tips on how to keep cool at night, watch this video:
Should I be concerned about thread count?
Thread count refers to the number of horizontal and vertical thread lines per square inch. The higher the thread count, the more thread per inch and the softer the sheets. Also, higher counts also mean stronger and more durable sheets that won’t wear out quickly.
Most sheet sets offer thread count between 250 to 400, which provides comfort and softness. Some sheets boast much higher numbers but are often lower quality thread, so it’s not a real number, to begin with. Instead, stick around 400 for the best quality or 300 for more breathability and softness combined. When buying cotton sheets, wash them with one cup of vinegar to get them softer after the first wash.
Are natural or organic sheets more cooling than traditional options?
Organic or natural sheets use less synthetic materials, pesticides, and fertilizers to make, which can definitely lead to better quality sheets. However, they aren’t necessarily cooler sheets, although cotton is definitely cooler than polyester blends. Organic sheets do mean you will get a protect better for your skin and healthier for breathing too, at least for the first couple of washes.
Final Thoughts About Best Cooling Sheets
Several fabrics offer cooling comfort, such as cotton, linen, Tencel, and bamboo. The only way to know which you prefer is to try out all the options. If that’s not an option, we suggest the Hotel Sheets Direct 100% Bamboo 4 Piece Bed Sheet Set. High-quality bamboo sheets like this set are not only better for the environment but also keep you cool all night long. Get the size you need and the color options you crave to create your refreshingly perfect bedroom tonight at an affordable price.
Last Updated on