The Top 7 Electric Heated Blankets Reviewed
When there’s a chill in the air, there’s nothing better than an electric heated blanket.
Whether your home is too cold or you simply want to get cozy, an electric blanket is the perfect solution to heating up your bed and warming you up in no time. Used alone or in addition to your other heating solutions, you’ll soon experience the benefits of your electric heated blanket.
But with so many electric blankets on the market, which one should you choose? Here’s a selection of the best electric blankets to help you find the best one for you.
Best Electric Heated Blankets
To help you find the best electric blanket for you, here are some top recommendations:
A soft-quilted blanket provides ultimate comfort, and the added heating benefits of the Sunbeam Quilted Fleece make it an excellent choice for your bed. Featuring 10 heat settings and an auto-off setting after 10 hours, you’ve got a great product in this heated blanket.
One of the top features of the Sunbeam Quilted Fleece is that it has a ThermoFine warming system, which works to sense heat and ensure that it’s effectively distributed through the blanket, keeping you warm at all times.
The plush fabric of the Sunbeam Quilted Fleece makes it extra cozy – what more could you want for those toasty nights in? You can use it on your bed, or snuggle under it on the couch to stay warm on those chilly evenings.
Users love the Sunbeam Quilted Fleece, and with a five-year warranty included, you can be sure of excellent value from your new electric blanket too.
- Dual EasySet Pro Controller with 10 heat settings and 10-hour auto-off function
- Senses and adjusts to deliver consistent warmth
- 100-Percent Polyester
- Quilted channel design
- Machine washable and dryer safe
A sherpa-lined blanket provides the ultimate in coziness, so it’s even better when the blanket comes heated too! The Biddeford MicroPlush Sherpa is a super-soft, queen-size blanket that brings warmth to your bed when you need it most.
Comfort is key, and the Biddeford MicroPlush Sherpa features a winning combination of micro plush on the top, and sherpa on the bottom. Soft to the touch and stylish too, it will make a great feature for your bed.
You’re in charge of your optimum temperature thanks to 10 different heating settings that will help you get it just right. What’s also great is that there are two controllers for the queen-sized blanket, allowing both you and your partner to control the blanket. After 10 hours, the blanket will turn off automatically, leaving you feeling safe and comfortable when using your blanket at night.
The Biddeford MicroPlush Sherpa is machine washable, allowing you to maintain your blanket for longevity. It also comes with a five-year warranty, protecting you from manufacturing faults in that time.
Soft, stylish and effective, the Biddeford MicroPlush Sherpa is one of the best electric heated blankets on the market.
- SOFT AND COMFORTABLE – Never climb into cold sheets again. Electric Heated Blanket in ultra soft comfortable Microplush Sherpa fabric. Twin and Full size include 1 controller. Queen and King size include 2 controllers. 100% Polyester.
- THERAPUETIC FULL BODY RELIEF WITH ADJUSTABLE HEAT SETTINGS – The cozy microplush Sherpa blanket has ultra-thin heating wires for added comfort. The Digital Controller Includes Auto-off and 10 heat settings.
- SAFETY - ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY – The controller includes an auto shut-off timer for safety and reliability. All Biddeford Blankets are tested and approved by a 3rd party (UL or ETK Intertek) to comply with industry safety standards.
- MACHINE WASHABLE and EASY CARE – The blanket is machine washable and dryer safe for your convenience. Make sure to disconnect and remove controllers before washing. Do not use an extension cord or power strip for these blankets.
- WARRANTY - 5 year limited manufacturer's warranty.
For a luxurious touch, it doesn’t get much better than the Sunbeam Microplush. While it looks like any other velvety throw, it also benefits from being an electric heated blanket. Ideal for those chilled out evenings on the couch or in your favorite chair, it’s a super-soft, beautiful blanket that will be sure to keep you warm on the coldest nights.
While the Sunbeam Microplush is nice to look at, it’s also a smart electric blanket. It has built-in sensors to detect and adjust heat so that you’re always at a comfortable temperature. It has an enhanced wire design, which provides effective performance and continuous heat when you need it.
The Sunbeam Microplush features a simple control system that lets you choose the right heat setting for you. There are three adjustable heat settings, while the three-hour auto-shutoff gives you peace of mind that your blanket is safe and secure.
As a cozy addition to your home, you’d be making a wise choice by opting for the Sunbeam Microplush. Sophisticated and glamorous, it will fit right in with the rest of your decor, while also doing a great job of keeping you warm.
- PrimeStyle lighted controller with 3 warming settings and 3 Hour Auto Off function
- Senses and adjusts to deliver consistent warmth
- 100-Percent polyester microplush fabric
- Machine washable and dryer safe
- Controller May Vary
4. Serta Fleece
Made from a microplush fabric, it’s a super cozy heated blanket that also has a sherpa lining for extra comfort and warmth. Ideal for using on top of your bed or while you’re relaxing in your living room, this is a versatile choice of electric blanket that won’t disappoint.
The Serta Fleece blanket has five different heat settings, allowing you to set your own comfort level. It also has a five-hour auto-shutoff setting that will help you to stay safe, while also keeping your heating costs down. It’s also machine-washable, making it perfect for regular use.
Measuring at 50” x 60”, it’s a great sized blanket for your bed or your couch. Existing users love its soft feel, stylish look and affordable price point, making it one of the best value electric heated blankets out there.
- INCLUDES: (1) Microplush reversible electric heated throw with white sherpa lining and 5 heat settings
- MATERIALS: Made from ultra-soft 100% polyester brushed microplush that reverses to a plush, cozy, Sherpa lining for an incredibly cozy feel
- FEATURES: Easy to use controller has 5-heat settings to maintain your own perfect comfort level; Controller has a 8.5' power cord for easy placement; built in 4-hour automatic shut off for safety, power savings and convenience
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Conveniently machine washable; 3-year manufacture's warranty
- DIMENSIONS: Throw measures a generous 50"x 60" for full coverage; Perfect for the couch, chair and bed as an extra layer
The Vremi Electric Blanket is wonderfully luxurious, throw style blanket which is ideal for all homes. Used on the bed, on the couch or your recliner, it will help keep you extra warm in your home.
A soft and fluffy electric blanket is an inviting prospect, and the Vremi Electric Blanket doesn’t disappoint. It’s designed to ensure even heat distribution to keep you warm for as long as you need.
With the Vremi Electric Blanket, you’re in control, thanks to 6 heat settings that help you choose the right amount of heat for you. There’s also an adjustable auto-off timer which allows you to choose any time from 30 minutes to 4 hours to give you complete control of your electric blanket. It will automatically shut off after 10 hours of continued use. Saving you money on your energy bills while helping you maintain warmth, it’s an ideal purchase for those colder months.
Both machine-washable and dryer-safe, the Vremi Electric Blanket is long-lasting, keeping you warm year after year.
- SOFT AND FLUFFY ELECTRIC BLANKET - Bring the heat with this 50 x 60 inches electric blanket. Our warming blanket and throw is made with high-quality, soft and thick flannel fleece fabric, making it a perfect companion to add warmth and comfort on chilly winter nights.
- EVEN HEATING FROM HEAD TO TOE - Our large-sized heating pad for two is designed with built-in micro-thin wires that provide even heat distribution without the bulkiness and discomfort. Its fast heating abilities provide warming, therapeutic healing for those achy, sore muscles.
- DIGITAL 6 HEAT SETTING CONTROLLER - This heated blanket is smartly designed with detachable 10 feet long power cord with an LCD controller. Customize the level of heat with its 6 temperature settings for your comfort: 85°F (low) to 110°F (high) and 8-time mode settings.
- SAFE AUTO SHUT OFF FUNCTION - This softie is ETL certified, which means it offers reliable safety features to better your sleeping experience. This product shuts off automatically after a set duration of time to keep you safe and sound.
- MACHINE WASHABLE FABRIC - The construction of this blanket is easy to maintain. This blanket can be cleaned by hand or machine wash on a gentle delicate cycle. We also made it dryer safe for more easy and convenient cleaning. Note: Disconnect all cords before washing.
With the MaxKare Electric Blanket, the whole family can get warm due to its oversized design. A cozy fleece blanket, it’s ideal for your bed as well as snuggling on the couch.
Safety is one of the most important features of the MaxKare Electric Blanket. It is ETL certified to provide assurance that you’re using a quality product. Its auto-shutoff function kicks in after 8 hours, allowing you to use your product without worry.
This heated fleece throw is very simple to use, with a one-button control allowing you to choose between three heat settings for your comfort level. The heat is evenly distributed through the blanket, making sure you’re always warm.
The MaxKare Electric Blanket is luxuriously soft and designed for full-body use, which is great if you’re someone who prefers to snuggle under a larger blanket. It’s also machine-washable, allowing you to use it again and again.
MaxKare also gives you peace of mind thanks to their after sales service, which will replace your blanket with no fuss, and 24-hour solutions for problems that present themselves while under warranty.
Affordable and functional, the MaxKare Electric Blanket is ideal for your home.
- 👍 Assured Safety - Quality and safety of the heat blanket is certified by ETL certification; The heating wires are uniquely placed for more uniform heat distribution with overheat protection system to enhance safer user experience
- 👍 One-button Easy Control - Easily control the power and choose among 3 heating levels simply via a button (range: 90-107℉) for desired warmth within 5 minutes; Equipped with 8-hour auto-off feature to leave you peace of mind
- 👍 Premium Materials for Full-body Use - Deluxe and soft flannel is skin-friendly and helps preserve heat for added comfort; Features large size (72*84in) to embrace the whole body for ultimate relaxation
- 👍 Machine Washable for Easy Care - The heated throw machine is washable in water below 86℉ benefiting from the detachable controller and power cord, maintaining hygiene and softness for long; Please never dry in a tumble dryer
- 👍 Worry-Free- Undamaged electric throw blanket with packaging can be replaced with a new one. We also offer a 24-month solution on quality-related issues , and a satisfying solution will be provided in 24 hours for any problem
The Degrees of Comfort Micro-Plush blanket features both style and substance, keeping you warm at home while also looking great as part of your decor.
Safety is built-in to the Degrees of Comfort blanket, which works to evenly distribute heat while also protecting from burns and other issues that electric heated blankets can cause. UL-Certified, they provide peace of mind for you to use your electric blanket whenever you wish.
The Degrees of Comfort Micro-Plush blanket is one of the best electric heated blankets on the market in terms of heat settings. Featuring 20 different heat settings, it makes it even easier for you to choose the right heat setting for your comfort. It has an LCD controller so that you can see exactly what’s going on, as well as a 1-10 hour auto shut-off setting that helps you decide when to turn off your blanket. It’s machine-washable too for repeated and extended use.
Another great feature of the Degrees of Comfort Micro-Plush blanket is that it has a longer 12.5ft extendable power cord, giving you greater flexibility and a more relaxed night’s sleep.
Used on your bed or on the sofa, the Degrees of Comfort Micro-Plush blanket is a great value heated blanket that would make a great addition to your home.
- PROTECT SKIN FROM BURNS & RADIATION: MOST COMPETITORS DON’T MENTION how harmful amounts of electromagnetic radiation can be transmitted through the heating process in most electric blankets. NOT IN OURS. AT Degree of Comfort, we engineered our heating blankets to heat up with barely any EMF radiation being dispensed. Also, our blankets are 100% UL CERTIFIED.
- LOWER YOUR ELECTRIC BILL – WHILE STAYING WARM ALL NIGHT: YOU GET TO CHOOSE how toasty warm you prefer to be when you sleep. Enjoy the 20 different heating levels with our custom LCD display Controller. We know some of you LIKE IT HOT and you like to SAVE MONEY. Imagine this… turn off your homes heat at night and cuddle into our heated throw blanket. Then wake up to a reduced electric bill.
- PERFECTLY POSITIONED CORD WON’T POKE YOU AT NIGHT: 12.5FT LONG POWER CORD gives you plenty of reach to any nearby outlet whether you’re in the bedroom, camping, RV, air mattress or carpet AND YOU WON’T EVEN FEEL IT’S THERE. The conveniently placed 6ft Controller cord can easily be reached and tucked away as well.
- SUPER SIMPLE TO WASH: Just disconnect the Controller and power cables and simply throw the entire electric throw blanket into the wash. Use cold or lukewarm water and put it on a slow agitation cycle. Then toss it in the dryer on low heat or let it air dry. STAYS SILKY SOFT after many washes.
- BUILT TO LAST: 5 YEAR WARRANTY – WE KNOW YOU’RE TIRED OF buying inferior heated throws that stop working in only the first few uses. That’s why we engineered our heated throw blanket to last in comfortable cozy conditions or even the most rugged adventurous settings.
Why buy an electric blanket?
An electric heated blanket is a fantastic addition to your home. Ideal for warming your bed in the winter months, it can help make sure you stay toasty and warm at night.
Electric blankets are popular because they cost less than it does to run your heating through the night, giving you heat as an when you need it. They can also be effective in large rooms that can be difficult to heat fully on the coldest nights. Most electric blankets have an auto-power off function which can help you save money, while also helping you feel at ease that the blanket won’t run for the entire night.
Meanwhile, if you struggle to get to sleep at night, an electric blanket can help tell your body that it’s time for sleep. You could even find that your sleep improves after you start using an electric blanket.
If you’re looking for even more of an excuse to get yourself an electric blanket, then you’ll also be pleased to know that they’re great for helping with aches and pains. From dealing with cramps to chronic pain, your heated blanket could be a medication-free way to manage your symptoms.
Using a heated blanket has multiple benefits, so if you’re thinking about getting one your home, you’ll be making a wise decision.
The importance of a good electric blanket
There are many types of electric blankets out there, but it’s important to make sure you choose the right one for your home. There are two different types of heated electric blanket – a pad that is fitted to your mattress, under a sheet; or a blanket that goes on top of you. There are benefits to each, but if you have a foam mattress then a heated pad isn’t recommended as it could damage the fibers of your mattress.
The quality of your blanket is important. If you choose low price over quality, you could risk buying a heated blanket that hasn’t been regulated, and may not be made from high-quality material. Reading reviews for electric blankets can stop you making the wrong decision.
Safety is an important feature when buying your electric blanket, so it’s important to choose a quality product from a reputable manufacturer. Keep an eye out for blankets with multiple heat settings and control over the shut-off function so that you can feel more in control when it comes to your comfort.
Don’t forget to take a look at the different features of electric blankets. Being able to adjust the temperature or use a timer can be excellent features to have with your product. If you have a smart home, you could use a smart plug with your electric heated blanket to warm up your bed in advance or turn off at a certain time.
It’s also important to check the reviews of your electric blanket, they can reveal a lot about the sort of features other consumers love to help you make the right decision.
How to care for an electric blanket
If you want your electric blanket to last for years, you need to take care of it properly. No matter what, the blanket will probably have to be washed after owning it for a while. Watch this video to see how to wash an electric heated blanket:
Whatever you’re looking for in a heated blanket, it’s great to have a selection to choose from. The best electric heated blankets feature multiple functions and look as great on the bed as they do to settle down for a night in on the couch. When choosing your electric heated blanket, it’s important to consider factors such as whether or not you need multiple heat settings, and what you want your auto power-off to be.
Last Updated on