The Top 7 Sleeping Cots Reviewed
As people opt for vacations a little friendlier to the environment and closer to home, more and more people are embracing the outdoors and going camping. While camping is an old and very popular leisure activity, it has undoubtedly gained even more momentum of late and is something that has never been so trendy. Today, with the influx of glamping, more and more festivals each year and new camping gadgets being available thanks to developing technology, camping has also never been so comfortable. If you’re going camping this year than having a suitable sleeping cot is essential for a good night’s sleep. You’re already going to be sleeping outside, unable to regulate the temperature and hide from the noise, so you need to treat yourself to a comfortable bed where you can at least lie down on an even surface with no lumps and bumps underneath you. As well as making you comfier and getting you off the uneven floor, sleeping cots will keep you cooler during the summer months.
It’s not just about comfort either, can also be used a spare bed at home for when you have guests, they’re not only for the outdoors, you know. The fact that they’re easy to fold up means easy storage for those who live in small apartments with tight space. Sleeping cots can also be lifesaving in some circumstances, which makes them really good value for money. But, let’s hope you don’t need one for a dangerous situation but more of a leisurely one like camping or putting up the relatives.
Sleeping cots are not just an alternative to sleeping on the floor either; they’re so good that some people actually ditch their traditional bed in favor of a sleeping cot. If you’re going to do this though, then you do need to make sure that you choose a cot that is durable, spacious, and comfortable.
So, what is so great about sleeping cots then?
Well, first of all, they are easy to get in and out of as they are elevated off the ground, so you are not sleeping on the floor and don’t have to bend down so much. They also give you more storage in your tent because you can use the space underneath to store your bag or other personal items.
Then there is the fact that you are protected from creepy crawlies and any other insects that you don’t want getting in your sleeping bag. Sleeping on the ground can be dangerous for your health, and you could quickly end up with insect bites and skin infections.
A sleeping cot will also keep you cool, as you’re more likely to go camping in the summer months due to the beautiful weather, but this can be detrimental to your sleep as it can get sweltering in a tent. However, when you are on sleeping on a cot, then you will stay cooler during the night and have a more comfortable sleep.
Sleeping cots are a convenient alternative to a bed and not only that, but they are affordable and durable too.
Best Sleeping Cots
So, here are the best sleeping cots around which will make your camping trip as comfortable as it can get:
This is no ordinary camping cot; this very glamourous bed even includes side tables. Who knew you could go camping and still have a side table for your book or your drink? The air mattress with a battery-operated pump comes with a carry bag for easy storage and has an airtight system which is guaranteed not to leak. One of the best sleeping cots around, the Coleman Camping Cot is a decent height off the ground which will give you a good night’s sleep anyway, and it’s really easy to set up too.
The biggest gripe with this cot though is the noise it makes which can be a little disturbing while you’re trying to sleep as every time you move, it makes a kind of popping noise. But apart from that, it’s really comfortable and stays nice and firm. It’s good value for money and is one that you’ll keep for a long time and use over and over again, whether it’s for camping or for using for sleepovers at home.
- 3-PIECE COMBO: Includes cot with side tables, air mattress, and battery-operated pump (4 D-cell batteries sold separately)
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT: Air bed's coil construction contours to body for better support
- LEAK-PROOF: Factory-tested to ensure air mattress stays firm all night
- SEWN-IN COVER: Keeps air mattress in place on cot
- 2 SIDE TABLES: Pull-out design for easy storage includes cup holders
This sleeping cot has explicitly been designed for use when camping, so it’s both lightweight and heavy-duty, and during the day time, you can just use it as an outdoor lounger by the pool or on the beach. It’s portable as it folds up pretty small, so no problem to take down to the beach, you don’t have to assemble it, and it comes with a storage bag too.
The Redcamp is on the larger side of your average sleeping cots, it is broader and longer than some of the others, but what makes it one of the best sleeping cots is how much quicker it is to set up than others. It locks into place by just applying some pressure to the hinges and then to collapse it, you just flip it over and pull on the canvas straps, and it is ready to be put away again. It is a firm cot that can hold a lot of weight and has an excellent little lift at the head for added comfort while sleeping.
- 【STURDY & HEAVY DUTY】Finished with updated and thicker elliptical shape tubes on the cot legs, adding the camp cot to best stability and carrying capacity. It easily supports up to 500 lbs at most. Perfect for tall adults, heavy people, or family kids, teens, toddlers, children.
- 【LARGER SIZE】The folding cot for adults measures 75"x28"x15" when open, 1 inch wider than usual. Pack size 41"x9"x7". Weighes 17 pounds. The cot leg tubes measures 1.1"x1.5". The thicker sleeping cot bed ensures single person freedom movement in using.
- 【EASY to SET UP and CARRY】No assembly required. The sleeping cot for adults can be easily installed or folded up into an included storage bag within 10 seconds. Convenient for rest or transport.
- 【MULTI-USE】 The portable adults cot for camping is available in green with pillow, blue and grey, best for outdoor grass, forest, indoor bedroom, living room, office and any places you need to sleep.
- 【QUALITY GUARANTEE】REDCAMP offers a 365-day limited manufacturer warranty. If there is anything goes wrong with the sturdy camping cot, please contact us immediately by email. We will reply within 24 hours and provide a friendly customer service.
This folding camping cot is described as a ‘deluxe bed in a bag’ and is another one which has been specifically for camping, so again it is lightweight but also heavy duty. This cot features a gently sloping incline, a built-in pillow, and extra-wide ‘mattress’, so you have room to spread out and best of all, you don’t need to bring any bulky mattress pads, cushions or sheets as the bed is breathable and perfectly cool and cozy all by itself! Also, there’s a large organizer pocket which is great for storing your bits and pieces you would typically put on your bedside table; those things you need even more when you’re camping – like your torch, your water bottle and your headphones, they won’t get lost in your tent. Your possessions will be easily reachable in the organizer pocket. It’s a very comfortable bed, but the pillow could do with being a little bit firmer.
- SLEEP COMFORTABLE - Made with Heavy Duty Breathable Double Layered 600D Polyester Fabric, Designed with a Comfortable Head Incline and Includes an Exclusively Designed Comfortable Pillow which will Enhance your Sleep Better Then Ever!
- DURABLE LIGHTWEIGHT COT - The High Strength Steel Tubes Bracket and Triangle Structure Camping Cot Supports up to 300 Lbs. and Weighs Just 13 Lbs. Surface Opens up to 75" x 26" W x 15" H, Head Height 19", Packs Down to 40" L x 8" W x 5" H in Sturdy Nylon Carry Bag.
- COMPACT DESIGN - This Compact Camping Cot is Incredibly Quick and Easy to Set Up and Fold Down, Simply Straighten the Bottom Leg Supports to Open. To Close, Turn Over and Pull Up the Frame Cord. Folds Up into Nylon Carry Bag for Easy Storage and Transport.
- MULTI USE COT - This Durable and Lightweight Camping Cot is Perfect for Adults and Children, Boys and Girls, and can be used for for any Occasion. Use it at the Pool, Patio, Camping, Hunting, Traveling, Road Trip, Home Lounging, Relaxing or Chilling at the Beach.
- BUY WITH CONFINDENCE - This Strong Stable Alpcour Folding Camping Cot is Specialy Sturdy Designed to Last for Many Years And is Covered under a 1-Year Unlimited Manufacturer Warranty.
Another Coleman Cot here, this one has a foam mattress springs which is what makes this cot comfortable, just like being at home. It’s also really light and folds up small, so it is really transportable. It folds into thirds and is really simple to do, but unlike others, it doesn’t come with a storage bag. It is very simple to set up, though, too.
The mattress can slide around a bit on the cot, so you might need to place some non-skid fabric underneath to stop that and just add some extra padding. This one isn’t the longest of beds, so if you’re tall, you might find your feet coming off at the end.
- SLEEPING PAD: Thick foam offers superior support
- Built to Last: Durable Steel Frame
- SUPPORTS: Up to 300 lb.
- Max Height: 6 Ft. 6 Inches
- Dimensions: 69 x 25 x 15 in.
As the name suggests, this is an ultralight cot, but again is heavy-duty. This cot is really comfortable but also very durable too and can be used over and over again. It’s really strong and supportive, and you don’t feel nervous when rolling or getting in and out of bed, you always feel stable, and it doesn’t sag at all. As it is small, it fits nicely into a car, but you could even take it backpacking with you as it’s so lightweight and doesn’t take up much room. It won’t take you long to learn how to put it together, and in no time you’ll be able to do it in about two minutes.
The Kingcamp also features Elastic Straps which are great if you have a sleeping pad and want to secure it and it won’t move around. You can even use the straps for keeping your pillow secure too. One thing that may put you off is the height, as some of the best sleeping cots are the same height as a bed, this one is not, so that’s something to consider when you’re looking around. While it’s a pretty expensive sleeping cot, and you can get a decent one for about half the price, the is KingCamp Ultralight a good one which will last you a long time.
- ★【Ultralight & Portable】 Only 4. 9 lbs and packed Size: 14 × 5. 1 × 5. 1 inches, this camping cot is highly portable and space-saving! Wherever your adventure is, this smart light camp-cot can be stored in your backpack.
- ★【Strong & Sturdy】 The frame of bed is made of anti-rust and high strength aerial aluminum alloy with large load capacity 120kg. Top material is 420D polyester fabric, anti-tear and breathable.
- ★【Winner of the World-renowned Award】 Thanks to its unique design, good quality, convenience to use and simple to assemble; The cot was awarded ADI COMPASSO D'ORO INTERNATIONAL AWARD in 2017.
- ★【Large Size】 Fits most people up to 6’2”, Set Size 75 × 25 × 4.7 inches; Good for hiking, hunting, road trip, indoor use, also ideal for office nap.
- ★【Off Ground】 Enjoy comfort of a bed to the outdoors; Sleep free from rocks and other uneven surfaces when you use it; Don't worry about leaking like an air pad. You deserve a good night’s sleep when you’re camping.
This is an elongated cot option that even those super tall people will find comfortable. While this one is a little bit bulkier and more substantial than some of the others, it can support up to 400 pounds, and it is sustainably built. One very nice advantage to this one is that it has a pivot arm which is a built-in lever that makes putting that last end bar in place quick and easy. However, it would be best if you took care when putting this cot up as opening and closing the bed can pinch.
It is a really great product for the price, and while you’re on it, it does feel very solid, but you might want a topper for extra comfort as some people find this sleeping cot a bit too hard and need something a little softer underneath while still getting the support. Like others, this sleeping cot folds into a small package and very easy to fit in any car and comes with a nice carrying case.
- PIVOT ARM REVOLUTION: Cot setup just became child’s play. The pivot arm is a built-in lever that makes putting that last end bar in place quick and easy. No more wrestling with that fourth corner. Look for the pivot arm cots in the selector box
- STRONG AND STURDY: Reinforced steel X-leg assembly strengthens the cot and provides stability; Portable folding cot makes camp set up hassle free
- GET OFF THE GROUND: Take the comfort of a bed to the outdoors; Sleep free from rocks and other unlevel surfaces when you use this TETON Sports Cot; You deserve a good night’s sleep when you’re camping; Wake up refreshed
- SIZE DOES MATTER: Longer than a twin mattress and supports up to 400 pounds (181. 4 kg) easily; Cot folds up for easy transport; Pack weight 20 pounds (9. 1 kg)
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if you have any questions or concerns; YOU CAN COUNT ON US to get you taken care of and back OUTDOORS with TETON Sports
Another super lightweight and portable bed, this bed weighs only 3.3lbs but can hold up to 220 lbs. This cot also folds up to be very small and compact and is really easy to carry. It’s a well-constructed bed which you can have a really good night’s sleep on switching from your side to your back. In fact, you could even use this bed for several weeks straight and have no problems with it. However, you have to get it up first, and this can be tricky.
Feedback on this one shows that some people find it challenging to put up unless they are sat down – which you might not have the luxury of when you are camping. You’ll also need both hands – maybe an extra pair? You might want to try putting it up a few times at home before you take it anywhere. Other things that need to be noted about this one are that you do hit the ground when you sit up as some might expect – but with some other cots, this isn’t the case.
- 🛌★Super Lightweight & Portable- cots portable★ YAHILL 1st Generation cot camping bed weighs only 3.3lbs, but can hold up to 220 lbs.
- 🛌★Convenient to use- travel bed portable★ Folding size is very small, very easily to carry. Folding size: 16* 4.7inch; unfolding size: 70.8*22.8*3.9 inch.
- 🛌★Durable Construction- heavy duty camping cot★ Cot stands up to heavy use; Waterproof, stretch-free nylon cover, anodized 7001 aluminum poles and hard plastic feet.
- 🛌★Multi-function Use- cot beds★ Applicable to a variety of activities, such as camping, traveling, hiking, and some other outdoor activities, or as a good rest furniture at home.
- 🛌★Multiple Security Design- cot sleeping bed★ Extra holes of the cloth are designed for those people who is very strong, so that they can order extra tubes and legs to support the cot.
So, if you’re not sure which to go for then, perhaps it’s worth going and trying a few out. Lie on them, have a go at putting them up and taking them down and see how you get on. While it’s no big deal if you choose one that isn’t quite right for you as you can usually send them back and get your money back, it’s far easier just to get it right first time. If you are going on a camping trip and that is why you need a sleeping cot, then make sure you get it in advance and practice with it a few times before you go. There’s not much worse than being stuck in the middle of nowhere camping, and you can’t put your bed up, or you open it and find out that it’s broken. You know the old boy scout’s saying – always be prepared.
If you want to learn how to make a DIY cot, watch this video:
Last Updated on