The Top 5 Weighted Blankets For Adults Reviewed
There is nothing worse than laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, wanting to fall asleep but being unable to do so. Going without enough sleep can lead to irritability, mood swings, lack of energy, and lack of motivation.
While many people immediately turn to a pill when they are having trouble sleeping, an increasing number are looking for a way to fall asleep and stay asleep without taking sleep medicine.
Weighted blankets are one solution that has been gaining in popularity.
But do they really work? After all, just because something is popular is not a guarantee that it is effective.
My personal experience with weighted blankets comes via my daughter – we decided to try one to help her sleep better. We did a ton of research by reading reviews and comparing features, and settled on one that really helped her sleep better. That research is what evolved into this review of the top weighted blankets available.
We go over each of the items in our weighted blanket buying guide below, but for those in a hurry here are our top picks:
Best Weighted Blankets For Adults
Of course, which one is just right depends a lot upon personal preference. But by comparing buyer feedback and reviews, we’ve come up with this list of the best weighted blankets available:
As far as weighted blankets go this is one of the top ones out there. A brilliant product from Quility, one of the leading weighted blanket manufacturers in the world and is probably one of the best weighted blankets for adults you’ll see, though it can be used for older children too.
The product comes in varying colours, from neutral navy blue, ivory, aqua and right to bright pink. It can also come in some funky patterns to, so you can customize it for the recipient. There are seven layers of premium material, plus two polyester layers too. It also comes with a retractable Minky outer cover that feels great against the skin. If you don’t like the Minky cover you can take it off, it’s comfortable enough without it. The blanket comes in a myriad of sizes too. The smallest being 36×48 and the largest at 86×92. The variety means it can suit all body types or situations. The weight is also changeable like the size. Starting at 0.5lbs it goes right the way up to 30lbs.
The material itself is breathable, meaning you won’t sweat yourself away underneath. The sewing is good too, meaning the weights (these being glass beads) stay in place for longer. Cheaper blankets usually displace the weights, sometimes moving to the same compartment and making the blanket hard to use unless you’re in the same position for a long while. The blanket isn’t very noisy either. Similar to the noise a normal bed would make so you get none of the rattling or rustling like you do with other products. The quality control can be a little hit and miss, so make sure you check it out thoroughly before using it. So long as you do your research and pick the right size this adult weighted blanket will send you to sleep with no troubles.
- 7-LAYERED PREMIUM BLANKET: Quility’s innovative 7-layered blanket is designed to offer supreme comfort. With the most advanced sewing technology and the highest-quality, durable materials to produce the ideal weighted blanket. The ultra-breathable, 100%-cotton outer layer is lined with non-glue polyester padding and two extra polyester layers that contain millions of premium micro glass beads. This structure provides optimal temperature control and guarantees that our blankets never leak beads.
- COMPLETE SET! PRE-ATTACHED MINKY COVER INCLUDED: Every Quility Weighted Blanket Set comes pre-attached and ready to use. The removable minky duvet cover is soft-to-the-touch, super-comfortable and accompanies every purchase! Use the cover for added warmth during the winter, and remove it to keep cool in the summer. To remove it, simply unzip the zipper and untie
- GREAT NIGHT’S SLEEP: Quility’s all-natural heavy durable blanket provides the warmth and comfort of a gentle hug. Sleep feeling comfortable throughout the night and wake up feeling renewed!
- CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE: For an individual user with a single, twin, or full-size bed, we recommend choosing a blanket that weighs around 10-12% of your body weight, (plus one pound). If the final weight falls equally between two blanket sizes, it’s best to go with the lighter option. Choosing the right size is crucial for enjoying the optimal benefits the Quility Weighted Blanket provides. For assistance choosing the right size for you, check out the helpful chart below!
- BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK: We LOVE our customers and take pride in providing a pleasant shopping experience. Please keep in mind, it usually takes about a week to get used to the blanket’s weight. If for any reason you’re unhappy with your purchase, we offer a full refund— no questions asked! We’re available to answer your questions, 24/7, and are always happy to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!
If you’re looking for a specific blanket to perfectly match a king size bed then you can’t go too wrong with one of these. HomeSmart are another great manufacturer with years of experience. They also come in twin or queen size too, so make sure you pick the right one if you decide to go for this product. The sizing is done just right, meaning the blankets have overhang on each size. Some weighted blankets are annoyingly small, especially if you share the bed and blanket with someone else. These all come with a 400 thread count placing it solidly in the premium category.
The product doesn’t ball up either, meaning it keeps the weight evenly distributed. The price mark is a little more expensive than the Quility, coming in at around $130 but the quality is almost the same. The only issue is that sometimes the fluff can seem to seep out of the stitching, but if you take care of it properly you won’t have that problem.
The Weighted Blanket is also machine washable, a great pro given that some are dry clean only. If you’re going to go for one of the more weighty options this can be a problem as you’ve got to lug it to the dry cleaners.
One of the only downsides is that it doesn’t come with a cover, while the Quility comes with a Minky. It can be tough finding the right sized cover for it if you wanted to get one, though the actual blanket itself isn’t exactly uncomfortable. Overall, you’re getting a great blanket at an affordable price and is the go to if you wanted a large adult weighted blanket.
- ✔ WHEN WE SAY OUR BLANKET IS KING SIZE, WE MEAN IT! Don't fall for the claims others make about their 80x87" blankets being large enough for a king size bed - they barely make to the ends of the bed with those dimensions! #1 Customer Complaint with Weighted Blankets? Buying a blanket that turns out to be too small for their bed.
- ✔ BUYING GUIDE – Start by selecting the right size for your bed (King, Queen, Twin). Next select a blanket weight based on the amount of pressure you want to experience. This blanket provides Light PRESSURE. The "10% of your weight" rule that other sellers are pushing is misleading - it does not take into consideration bed size – for example, 15lb King will provide less pressure than a 15lb Twin blanket. TIP: You can find the pressure of each blanket listed in the title at the top of this page.
- ✔ THE LARGEST WEIGHTED BLANKET ON THE MARKET - Finally a premium weighted blanket truly designed for king and queen beds. Whether you wish to whisk away the pressures of the day, or sleep more soundly, our wonderfully soft 400 THREAD COUNT PREMIUM WEIGHTED comforters provide you with the best night's sleep ever.
- ✔ ALL SEASON WASHABLE BLANKET - Using an ULTRA SOFT 100% organic cotton that is breathable allows the blanket to conform perfectly to your body without causing you to overheat. This blanket comes with 10 loops around the perimeter, allowing for the easy addition of our luxurious duvet covers that are sold separately.
- ✔ HomeSmart - A brand you can trust. Over 100,000 customers served and counting!
This is a great option for those who suffer in the heat. The CoziRest is one of the best weighted blankets for adults simply because it has a dual sided cover. This means it can keep you warm in the Winter with the Minky side or cool in the summer with the bamboo side. It’s a novel approach and one that genuinely works. The covers are removable too and it’s pretty easy to do once you’ve got the hang of it, just don’t forget to smooth the beads back into place. The CoziRest also used more poly filling than other brands, giving it a deeper feel. This might not necessarily be a good thing though, so make sure you check out the other brands first. Everyone is different.
One of the problems is that the blanket is only suitable for queen and king sized beds, so make sure your bed can fit one properly otherwise you won’t get the best out of it. The pockets which hold the glass beads are double stitched too, keeping them in place for longer so you get an even distribution of weight across your whole body.
The key selling point of the CoziRest is that it truly suits all seasons. If you really feel the heat or cold, it’s the one for you. If you’re more of a neutral, then other blankets might be for you. Buying this one may mean you can use it in all seasons and stop you purchasing two, one for hot and one for cold. It’s around the same price as the other two but there are multiple sellers so make sure you do some digging around for the best price.
- PREMIUM QUALITY MATERIALS: Our 7 layer blanket is composed of 100% natural, Micro-Peach fabric, making it extra soft and durable.
- REMOVABLE ALL SEASON COVER: We include a removable dual sided cover - one side is 100% cooling bamboo, while the other is cozy minky.
- FULL NIGHT’S SLEEP: With Deep Touch Pressure Therapy (DTP), the weight of the blanket will calm the nervous system making the body feel more relaxed as you fall asleep.
- CHOOSE THE RIGHT WEIGHT AND SIZE: Heavy blankets are meant to fit the body not the bed. Due to its weight, the blanket will slip off the bed if the edges hang over. Weighted blankets that are sized 60x80" should be used only for queen and king sized bed. When choosing a blanket, make sure it weighs around 10-12% of your body weight plus 1lb. If you lie on the border between 2 weights, we recommend choosing the lighter option.
- EXPERIENCE THE COZIREST PROMISE: We back every purchase with a 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty. We promise to give you a full refund or free replacement if the blanket you receive has any manufacturing defect, within the first year.
The YNM is one of the more affordable adult weighted blankets on the market at around $70. Right away, it’s unique in that it offers a huge amount of colours and styles, so matching it to your decor has never been easier. It also makes it a little easier when trying to get it to appeal to someone, especially if it is bought as a gift. This is a great option for people who really feel the heat as the product has less fiber filling, reflective of the price point.
Even though it’s much cheaper, it still comes with glass beads. A premium addition to any worthy adult blanket. The compartments are small too, meaning the weight is evenly distributed without you having to manually adjust the beads.
The self styles YnM 2.0 also has improved sowing. They call it the three dimensional lock which ensures the glass beads stay where they’re supposed to. It comes in twin, full, king and queen sizes so you can tailor it to whatever you need. It isn’t as breathable though, and the page suggests using it with a fan in the summer due to the heavy weight of the blanket but the material in other products is more breathable. Again, if you’re someone who feels the cold it might not apply to you.
It might not be as premium as the others, but if you’re looking for an entry point which still retains quality then this is for you. Just remember to weigh yourself beforehand and measure using the YnM measurement tool to help you get exactly the right one to suit your body type. If you’re buying one for you and your partner, you might be better off buying two separate ones and changing the size accordingly. Especially if you have different types of bodies.
- The original YnM weighted blanket offers a natural way to help calm your body for a restful night of sleep; great calming sensory blanket for adults and children to help decompress and provide comfort
- Made with multiple layers and smaller compartments (4.7''x4.7'') for maximum comfort that contours to the shape of your body
- Our unique 7-layer structure is designed to keep you comfortable and cool, allowing the glass beads to provide temperature control
- To choose a size for 1 adult, take 10% of your body weight, then add 1 lb; For sharing, please choose from KING 80''x87'' weighted blanket
- Breathable cotton duvet cover, cooling bamboo duvet cover or cozy minky duvet cover are available in YnM. From YnM you can find a perfect duvet for you and for protection of your weighted blanket
A great option for every season. The chilla comes as an actual set. Because of this it comes in around $150, one of the more expensive Blankets on offer. These are great for people who struggle in the heat as chilla promise that their blankets are cooler than any other on the market.
The range of colours isn’t as great as other offerings, but they come in pretty neutral colours of white, carbon, grey, and navy so you shouldn’t find it too hard to match up to your bedroom. They also take it to the next level in terms of weight distribution. There are 120 pockets, each housing the same amount of weighted beads. You get a full coverage too, meaning the weight is suitable for all types of requirements including anxiety, insomnia, or types of autism.
The weight ranges are limited, coming in either 15lbs or 20lbs. However the comfort more than makes up for it. The mixture of the minky cloth and the coolness of the blanket makes it stand out in terms of comfort. If you feel the cold it also comes with a winter cover, so your comfort can always be regulated. The blanket is incredibly soft and plush, so it’ll fit to most tastes. If you’d prefer something with more texture, try changing out the covers.
The covers attach in six places too ensuring it doesn’t slip off in the middle of the night. Just make sure you attach it right in the first place using the toggle and you’ll be good to go. The cover attachments also ensure that the blanket doesn’t ball up. It might take you a night or two to get used to but this is the same with all weighted blankets. There isn’t any nasty smell out of the box either. Just snap the duvet off and it’s machine washable. It retains it’s plush feel after the wash so it’s certainly of a quality.
- ☕ 3 Piece Set Includes: weighted inner layer + minky WINTER duvet cover + cooling SUMMER cover. Be comfortable all year around. Perfect for Twin or Queen.
- ☕ Do you like to be CUDDLED? Our blanket will help you reach a new level of comfort.
- ☕ Being under our blanket feels like being hugged or being in YOUR OWN LITTLE COCOON all snug and safe. “Once my body relaxes, my mind follows and the next thing I know I am waking up in the morning feeling well rested and refreshed.”
- ☕ Designed in the USA. Ultra SOFT and PLUSH.
Weighted Blankets Explained
If you want to learn more about how weighted blankets work, here is a good informational YouTube video:
Last Updated on